WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Suunto core steel (only $309, not ebay) but my concern is that the S/N is 836XXXXX (at least that is what it says on the bottom of the box by the UPC). It comes with a 2 year warranty through the company i purchased it from as well as a free 30 day trial period, so I can ship it back now free if I'm not happy.

Well my question is... Should I be happy?

I know there are so many issues and others that have had no problems, do i just return it now and ask for a S/N with a 9 or I'm not buying it, or use it and if there are any issues send it back because it's covered for 2 years.

Also, what are the common issues that i should look out for if I do decide to keep it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Some of the 8XX series had battery issues (going through batteries too quickly), some had sticky buttons.

your call as to what to do. I had a 8XX with a sticky button. Sent it in, got a 9XX and have had NO problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm a new person on this kind abc watch especially on Suunto brand. I just bought a new Core Steel with serial number 750xxxxx. If you said serial number 8xx is a bad one, so how about mine with 750xx serial number? It would be the worst one eh? Since this watch sleep in the box almost 6 years, should I worried about factory warranty?! I'm in love with this watch. Looks strange and unique. I hope it'll be no problem with mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How y'all doin? This forum helped me pick out my first ABC and I still frequent it just to keep track of all the updates. I bought a Core all black APR 2013. I registered it as soon as I got it. JUN 2013 I was mobilized to AFG. The watch worked great through all the training and the first half of this deployment. I had to change the battery for the first time around Veterans day. A couple days ago, I went to check our altitude and noticed the watch had reset itself. Since first discovering this I've taken the battery out and put it back in twice. This crazy thing resets itself at least two times a day. I obviously can't use it this way, and based on what I've seen on here it looks as if I have to send it in to get it fixed. I've been reading about serial numbers, and noticed mine is 2306xxxx. Did I buy a knock off? I bought it from Amazon and I figured it was okay once I successfully registered it. Regardless It's quite a bummer to need service on the watch while I'm out here. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts