WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1605 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Interesting that you got #201, does that mean that the steels are not numbered 1-250, I assumed they were all done and numbered since they shipped first. Or could it be that both the steel and PVD versions are numbered 1-250 separately? Does it have a note about that in the paperwork?
Sure seems to be totally random. No notes or paperwork just warr card and watch with two natos.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I'm not speaking for Synchron here but this is what happened when Rick brought Doxa back. The first releases were sent out on a first come / first number basis. Then people would ask for numbers, like lucky 7 or 007 or whatever. Inevitably what happened was some people didn't get the number they asked for. Maybe they wanted #12 and got #31. They were pissed and it generated a bunch of Mr. Angry from Basingstoke on the forum, so Rick / Doxa said no more. Totally random.

It was so random that when we did the Diving With Legends book I wanted the first 20 watches to go to the contributors in the order they signed on. Stan Waterman was 1st to sign up, then George Bass then John Chatterton so I thought they would get #1, #2 and #3 etc. I got #1 which I didn't expect but was nice and the contributors got 13, 56, 88 etc. Totally random.

Sure seems to be totally random. No notes or paperwork just warr card and watch with two natos.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not speaking for Synchron here but this is what happened when Rick brought Doxa back. The first releases were sent out on a fist come / first number basis. Then people would ask for numbers, like lucky 7 or 007 or whatever. Inevitably what happened was some people didn't get the number they asked for. Maybe they wanted #12 and got #31. They were pissed and it generated a bunch of Mr. Angry from Basingstoke on the forum, so Rick / Doxa said no more. Totally random.

It was so random that when we did the Diving With Legends book I wanted the first 20 watches to go to the contributors in the order they signed on. Stan Waterman was 1st to sign up, then George Bass then John Chatterton so I thought they would get #1, #2 and #3 etc. I got #1 which I didn't expect but was nice and the contributors got 13, 56, 88 etc. Totally random.
I can attest to the complete randomness of these numbers. Over the years with different editions, numbers are literally all over the place. You can get a 1200 with a low double digit number years after the watch had already been released.

And then there is my interesting case with the #1 NUMA Turquoise watch. I wrote a post about this about 10 years ago, but the general gist was, because Clive Cussler had been given the honorary #1 watch before, I completely assumed that DOXA was going to gift Clive the #1 NUMA. It all made complete sense. Until FedEx showed up with mine....to my unbelievable shock, I received number 1 and was not aware that Clive ever received one of these watches. I never requested a specific number, and I have no idea where I was in the order line seeing as the watch basically sold out not too long after being offered up for purchase.

I guess with the extreme rare circumstance, Doxa honored the complete randomness.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I understand that Doxa has shipped their watches out randomly, I just assumed that since the SynMil is a relatively low edition and the steels were ready to be shipped on the first day that they would be numbered #1-250 and the PVD/DLC #251-500. Perhaps they are numbering them as they are shipped and since the black version has also started shipping they will now be mixed into the full edition of the 500, that kind of makes sense.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Interesting that you got #201, does that mean that the steels are not numbered 1-250, I assumed they were all done and numbered since they shipped first. Or could it be that both the steel and PVD versions are numbered 1-250 separately? Does it have a note about that in the paperwork?
The entire edition is numbered 1-500 thar covers both SS and PVD, and the watches DO NOT ship in serial order

1261 - 1280 of 1605 Posts