WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks great! How does that JB strap compare to the "OG" Tropic (assuming your Synchron Military came with one)? The Bonnie seems priced about the same as an "OG" Tropic, so trying to weigh why to go with the JB? I have a 22mm "OG" Tropic that is definitely superior to my WatchGecko Tropic (feel, pliability, comfort, scent, etc.!)...so obviously, all straps ain't created equal. Thx.
The OG Tropic is a bit thicker the JB is a bit thinner and softer. The main issue I had with the OG was that the ends of the straps looked bluntly cut off and unfinished whereas the JB has hatching all the way around which looks a lot better from the top view.

It was really the colour that did it for me it definitely suits the watch better versus the green OG Tropic. Someone had posted a pic way back in the thread and it looked killer so had to grab one when it came back in stock.

It's definitely a comfortable wearing strap.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The OG Tropic is a bit thicker the JB is a bit thinner and softer. The main issue I had with the OG was that the ends of the straps looked bluntly cut off and unfinished whereas the JB has hatching all the way around which looks a lot better from the top view.

It was really the colour that did it for me it definitely suits the watch better versus the green OG Tropic. Someone had posted a pic way back in the thread and it looked killer so had to grab one when it came back in stock.

It's definitely a comfortable wearing strap.
Plus, the JB smells like vanilla-coconut ice-cream.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Those are the coolest watches I've seen in a long time.... If only I was aware of them when they were on preorder... Won't make the same mistake again.. Eagerly awaiting what Synchron and Rick will come up with next....

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't going to bag it here online as I didn't want to take anything away from the watch itself but it is a bit of a joke strap. I had to get my wife to help me fasten it to my wrist :)
[/QUOTE]
The strap comes with a spare springbar, that you need to remove from the buckle and you'll be able to fasten it easily

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Great looking combo. Can you share the details about the strap? I can envision something like that for my LHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first bought one in 22mm:

Then I bought one in 20mm:

Straps are well made and padded, I'm very happy with them.

The strap maker, Igor, is great to work with and will customize as needed (hole placement for example).

Below is the ETSY link for his straps.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I first bought one in 22mm:

Then I bought one in 20mm:

Straps are well made and padded, I'm very happy with them.

The strap maker, Igor, is great to work with and will customize as needed (hole placement for example).

Below is the ETSY link for his straps.

Thanks very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't going to bag it here online as I didn't want to take anything away from the watch itself but it is a bit of a joke strap. I had to get my wife to help me fasten it to my wrist :)
The strap comes with a spare springbar, that you need to remove from the buckle and you'll be able to fasten it easily
[/QUOTE]
Oh, thanks for that... I had no idea :)

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts