WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Farmerboy, I'm now wearing one of my grails.
I couldn't be happier.
The watch itself looks much better in person than in pix.
After 1 day, it's about +2 sec. I'll update if anything changes drastically.
The bracelet, could be better.
For one, closing the double clasp doesn't give you the nice click of a Rolex, or even my Seiko SBDC051.
The diver's extension is also very loosely held in place in the clasp. Half the time I put the watch on, the extension opens
up requiring a bit of care to put it on. However, the clasp is very secure once closed.
You definitely notice a slight difference in color of the 2 grades of Ti between the case and bracelet/clasp.
However, it's very comfy and looks killer.
Using Allen screws to secure the links is far superior to screws or the pin/sleeve systems.
You just need to have 2 1.5mm Allen wrenches.
The biggest PIA was securing the end links to the case.
I actually had to take it to a local jeweler to fit them on the watch.
Once done, however, they're very secure and drape straight down making the bracelet fit like a glove.
Over all, I'm very happy with the watch.
Now, does anybody want to purchase my Seiko?

IMG_2566.jpg

·
Premium Member
62,854 Posts
Looks lovely. I’m still wavering between T1 and T2. Unsurprisingly (in view of what I’ve just seen) the T1 is in the lead right now.

·
6,667 Posts
Huge congrats

IMO the T1’s are Sinn’s finest divers!

I totally agree on the end links too...major PITA!
Once installed though it’s very comfortable.

Now you need a T1B to complete the set

Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Minor update; I already managed to scratch the AR coating on the crystal. It makes no sense to put such a delicate coating over hard sapphire. Anybody have a link to a tutorial to remove the AR? I’ll prob try toothpaste first.

·
6,667 Posts
Minor update; I already managed to scratch the AR coating on the crystal. It makes no sense to put such a delicate coating over hard sapphire. Anybody have a link to a tutorial to remove the AR? I’ll prob try toothpaste first.
Bummer how?

Photo?

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No clue. I do all kinds of things wearing my watches. I’ll wait till I get more scratches till I buff the AR off. It won’t show up in pix with my iphone camera. It really doesn’t bother me though. What does bother me is that watch mfrs see fit to put AR on the outside of the crystal for watches that are meant for hard use. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

·
Registered
104 Posts
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?
Possibly that people who are using their watches ‘hard’ are looking for function (minimal reflections) over form (minor scratches on outer AR)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts