WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
That's a good looking watch IMO. Timex's aren't a bad value when you consider you get a tough good looking diver for little $$$'s. At my price point >$200, I prefer to go with quartz anyway because most auto's in this range aren't very accurate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It says 100M on the web site you linked instead of 200M, but the mock up photo of the watch shows 200M on the dial. :think:

If it is 200M then it's a pretty cool dive watch for $100! If it's only 100M then IMO that's not a diver...
That was the first thing I noticed also. Yeah, I think if a sales tag was on it I might snag it but at that price point, so many options...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says 100M on the web site you linked instead of 200M, but the mock up photo of the watch shows 200M on the dial. :think:

If it is 200M then it's a pretty cool dive watch for $100! If it's only 100M then IMO that's not a diver...
I saw one yesterday at the local Target Dept. store and the dial read 200M. The price at Target was $69.99. The one I was looking at was a blue dial with a stainless steel bracelet. Looked really good for the price.

M&Q

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I just returned from Target and he is correct they are there. I went there to simply pick up a few items and I always take a peek at the watches. They must have updated the counter. The watches were on a rubber band and not on the metal band.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Hmmm, Target..:think:
My son said something about an orange watch, it might be a nice stocking stuffer :-!
He loves his Timex watches, he has a digital and an analog/digital compass Expedition that was mine until he scarfed it. :-d

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
If you guys are looking to get someone a Christmas present, I can PM you my address and I'll gladly take a nice Timex.. :).. but I've been looking for the Orange Reef-Gear that many people liked but all I can find is the red faced one at this point... :(

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You know...I could use an orange diver, too...aaaaaaaaaaaaahh...

So many great watches...so hard to choose!

I remember I had a Timex once when I was around 8-9 years old. It was digital. Thinking about it, it survived a lot of beating, and I actually found it when I went to high school, but tossed it out. I'm guessing just the battery had died.

Now I need to forget about getting another watch for awhile :p This site and you guys aren't helping..hah.

Best,
Ilham

·
Registered
749 Posts
I had some time to kill today and went in to Target(which is a great place to be in a college town, btw). The display had a blue, black, and yellow on rubber strap for 69 and a grey on bracelet for 89. Very nice looking diver and I was suprised at my willpower for not walking home with it. Nobody was there to open the case(maybe why I didn't walk home with it, and I was looking for an orange one) but I did stare at them quite a bit and first impression is they are nice. I liked the brushed look on case and bezel and hands are nice. The lume looked weak, I say this because on the blue one the blue paint underneath the lume could almost be made out, the other colors looked better but this tells me a weak amount is probably applied. The bracelet looked a little thin but for 69 dollars its hard to expect a real nice one. With a nato strap and a relume I wonder what the total cost of this watch would be? My guess is it brings it into price range of mako and monster, and since I have the mako this probably would not get much wrist time. If I didn't already have a lot of beaters this one might fit in okay. Has anyone bought one of these yet?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My local Target das the whole new line of Timex Diver and Chrono Divers in Rubber and steel. The aobove poster is correct. It is sort of hard to find a person to the watch dept to remove the watch from the case. The watches look like a dencent value and quality. I can't buy any more watchs as I just got my Swiss army Divemaster 500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts