WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.... I just received a Tissot V8 for my birthday, it is my first Swiss watch. My other two watches are "Seiko" about 12 years old, and I was looking at getting as my next watch a "Citizen Chrono" can anyone tell me how in general the Tissot quality compares to the Citizen and Seiko.

·
5,138 Posts
Congrats on the new watch, Joe, and a big welcome to the forum! :-! The Tissot V8 is a nice, clean and classic style. Which color did you get?

Citizen and Seiko produce watches at many levels and offer something for just about everyone. Their watches are respected for design and overall quality and generally represent good value in the watch world.

Tissot fills a much smaller niche than Seiko or Citizen. They cheifly aim at the mid-price level somewhere between say $300-$1000. Their product line and number of units produced is a very small fraction of Seiko and Citizen's. Tissot's quality is very high and they have a 150 year heritage that has garnered them much respect. They are currently owned by the Swatch Group, as are Omega, Oris and several other Swiss brands. They use ETA movements (also owned by Swatch). Tissot is generally admired by collectors for offering high quality watches at exceptional prices.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the new watch, Joe, and a big welcome to the forum! :-! The Tissot V8 is a nice, clean and classic style. Which color did you get?

Citizen and Seiko produce watches at many levels and offer something for just about everyone. Their watches are respected for design and overall quality and generally represent good value in the watch world.

Tissot fills a much smaller niche than Seiko or Citizen. They cheifly aim at the mid-price level somewhere between say $300-$1000. Their product line and number of units produced is a very small fraction of Seiko and Citizen's. Tissot's quality is very high and they have a 150 year heritage that has garnered them much respect. They are currently owned by the Swatch Group, as are Omega, Oris and several other Swiss brands. They use ETA movements (also owned by Swatch). Tissot is generally admired by collectors for offering high quality watches at exceptional prices.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your new watch!

Thank you lee for your speedy answer I got the T36.1.316.72 model, I also wanted to know if I could change the bracelet without affecting the look of the watch, I love the leather but you need to be very careful with it. I was thinking of a more robust and water resistant bracelet for it.

Thanks.:-d

Attachments

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Big congrats from me aswell....:-! :-! :-!

Enjoy the new one..:-!

·
5,138 Posts
Thank you lee for your speedy answer I got the T36.1.316.72 model, I also wanted to know if I could change the bracelet without affecting the look of the watch, I love the leather but you need to be very careful with it. I was thinking of a more robust and water resistant bracelet for it.

Thanks.:-d
Any standard strap or bracelet ought to fit that guy. Just measure the width between the lugs to make sure you get one that'll fit; it'll probably be about 20mm. Here's a thread in the WUS Affordable Watches Forum that has some recommended dealers. Also check out the WUS sponsors.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=12933

1 - 8 of 8 Posts