WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

As requested, I have made a list of the new watches from Tissot to be released in 2017. Most of the watches will be released around may/june or september/october.

Since most of us are only interested in mens watches, i have only included those.

Other watches I have left out, includes line extensions where only the colour has changed as well as models that was already released during january and february like motogp and ballade. Also i did not include the tour de france model + the 18 kt. gold collection.

Feel free to let me know what you think about the new models and if you have any questions about any specific once.

Also as a final thing, I will also just add a picture of the new Swissmatic movement (Tissot modified Swatch movement). Which makes it possible for Tissot to sell automatic watches like the "genteman" collection at only 300 EUR. Power-reserve around 72 hours.
Measuring instrument Clock Tool Circle Metal

·
Banned
62 Posts
Very interesting.
Thanks Martin.
I have some money put away for a new Tissot. I wish there were more models that had "weekday", "day" and "chronograph" together on their dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
@MartinM Thank you for the post. I am quite curious to know if the new Swissmatic movement is made to be serviceable, unlike its Swatch precursor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there any more news about the Gentleman Swissmatic? I like the large size and looks of the watch, and if it hacks the second hand then I would be seriously interested.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That Heritage 1948 Chronograph is nice! It has ETA 2894 movement instead of a Valjoux 7750.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I am quite curious to know if the new Swissmatic movement is made to be serviceable, unlike its Swatch precursor.
No service at all on this one. Expect a new movement on each "full service".

Imho, this new line of entry-level auto watches isn't great at all :

- dials are poorly printed, like their quartz counterparts (Everytime line)
- steel bracelets are thin as air
- case steel isn't of a great quality
- forget about regulating it, by essence

About 350€ (if memory's right) is too much money for that.

EDIT:
Illustration

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ugh i dislike how Tissot is getting into producing throw away movement watches.... i'm all for the accessibility this brings but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ugh i dislike how Tissot is getting into producing throw away movement watches.... i'm all for the accessibility this brings but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
You're so right

:/

- g10 < 251.272
- 902.101 < 955.112
- swissmatic < 2824
- c01 < 7750

Ahem.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Despite the reservations about the Swissmatic movement, I'll reserve judgement until I see the watches in the flesh, or at least there are some reviews around. The fact that the movement can't be serviced is not necessarily a big deal as long as the watch is accurate and works well to begin with. The Gentleman line is certainly more upmarket than the Everyman, so the build quality should be better too. If you wear one of these watches 1-2 days a week, as part of your rotation, there is no reason why it can't last for many years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Latest information is that the Gentleman Swissmatic will arrive in early September. At 44mm in diameter it will be big, which I don't mind - as a 50 year old with ever worsening eyesight I like big watches with clear numbers. The main differences over the System 51 is that the watch will have: a faster 4Hz movement instead of the 3Hz of the System 51, sapphire glass, 316L steel case, second hand hacking and only metal components inside - no plastic. In view of these improvements it will be worth the money, in my opinion. I expect accuracy to be very good and the watch to be capable of lasting decades. Those who say it's a 'throwaway' watch are talking crap. You could say that every watch costing less than $600 is a 'throwaway' as the cost of servicing makes it hardly worthwhile, and most people cannot or do not want to tinker with the mechanics of the watch themselves.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No Auto PRS 516 Chrono in the line up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes, those Swissmatic watches are overpriced...

Since there's NO service or any minor work at all doable on this movement :

Low power reserve --> new movement.
Watch is going too fast/slow (excluding magnetism) --> new movement.
Any movement-related issue --> new movement.

And each time, that'll take 6 weeks.

We're talking about quality here, and swiss made craftmanship for sure.

This swissmatic line is about the same price as a P80 Le Locle (roughly 400€).
At 250€ it'd be okay. More than an auto swatch, less than a mid-range auto Tissot.

A good laugh : ask a salesman to see a LeLocle p80 and one of these swissmatic. Compare the watches, discuss the pro/cons, and ask him why you should get a swissmatic over a LL P80 ?
Check his face then ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts