WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to say I'm now a member of the Steinhart club - my Nav.B in titanium just arrived. Shown below in a quick snapshot alongside another titanium watch - my Seamaster Chrono Pro Titanium. (Yes, I have a thing for titanium watches. And old radium lume.)

_DSC0049.jpg

Initial impressions - I'm just blown away by the value for money of the Steinhart. Contrary to some things I've read, the case machining looks outstanding to me. The dial paint/lume is thinner than e.g., the Omega - none of the three dimensional quality you get on more expensive watches, but it's clear and sharp. Out of the box, the watch regulation seems to be about +10 seconds per day.

The only thing I wish Steinhart would change is the strap. In pictures it looks good, with a nice "distressed" look. However, the distressed look is actually achieved with a kind of a plastic membrane bonded onto the top of the leather. And it's just plain nasty. Suggestion to Steinhart - just drop the plastic membrane. The leather without the membrane, as on most of the bottom of the strap, looks way better. I already have a replacement strap ordered, btw.

But even factoring in the cost of a new strap (really - it's a requirement :)), I'm hugely impressed with the Nav.B. And also very impressed with Steinhart - the ordering process was hitch free, the watch shipped on time, communications were clear and timely. Better than my experiences with some more highly touted brands.

Sandy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations.
Once you get bitten by the Steinhart bug, you won't stop.

I was tempted to pull the trigger on this, the dial and hands are really nice.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Congratulations.
Great Watch. Love the Titanium too.

well, Addition Straps are a Must. regardless ;-)..
every once in a while i Change Straps. and that Gives me a whole NEW Look. it's like Wearing a Brand New Watch |>.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations on your watch, I think that Steinhart scored high with this model. Titanium is an excellent choice for the case. The combination of the "old radium" lume and a distressed leather strap (not necessarily the one it comes with), capture the spirit and the feeling of the WWII originals.
It is interesting however to notice that these 44mm watches eventually come with the slender minutes hand, instead of the broad shape, as featured in publicity pictures. The broad shaped seem to come only with the 47mm, just like the regular Nav.B series.
Personally, I prefer the broad type. Now I'll have to decide whether I can live with the slender type and buy myself this watch, or wait and see what Laco has up its sleeve for the coming year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes - I saw "titanium", "old radium" and "in stock" all together on the same page, and hit the buy button immediately(!)

I'm on the fence about the broad vs slender - it wouldn't sway my decision one way or the other.

Now if Steinhart would just produce a OCEAN vintage Military GMT in titanium........

Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts