WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Breitling is a Breitling Military pocket watch with Wakmann movements, in perfect condition with clean case back. It looks awesome !!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Breitling Military pocket watch

Congrqatulations meenyc,

These are a very nice watch indeed! |>

Cheers,

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Breitling Military pocket watch

lovely watch indeed

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your kind words.

Here are more pictures. This is my first pocket watch too and I just love it when I can pop out the back case to look at this any time I want...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wow! I didn't know Breitling made pocket watches. How old is it? b-)

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,942 Posts
A rich vein for collectors. Breitling made about 50 variations a year maybe more for about 75 years or more. I'm just picking figures here guys but it will give you some idea of the depth of the field when you start looking for Breitling pocket timers/stopwatches. Sports, industrial, aviation, artillery, naval gunnery and the list of specific applications goes on and on. Have Fun!

Altro, sorry! :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Breitling claims they started producing watches for the US air force in '42.
That date sounds pretty unlikely to me and I believe them to be from the late 40's to the 1950's.
I own a variation of the same watch and I also love to wear it.
I should post photos so you can compare it with yours.
Best,
f.j.
My first Breitling is a Breitling Military pocket watch with Wakmann movements, in perfect condition with clean case back. It looks awesome !!

·
Registered
571 Posts
A rich vein for collectors. Breitling made about 50 variations a year maybe more for about 75 years or more. I'm just picking figures here guys but it will give you some idea of the depth of the field when you start looking for Breitling pocket timers/stopwatches. Sports, industrial, aviation, artillery, naval gunnery and the list of specific applications goes on and on. Have Fun!

Altro, sorry! :oops:
Hey Snap who's worried? - not me mate :) ... I've got this:

Mind you, if you ever do get sick of that horrible Telrad just give me a call :-d

Cheers,

·
Registered
324 Posts
what a beautiful piece!!

thank you for the images..the nicest pocketwatch i have ever seen!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts