WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
Been looking around the forum for a while now but haven't had the chance to introduce myself.
Watches have interested me since I was a kid -- my dad always told me that men need good shoes and a good watch -- but only recently have been able to acquire pieces myself, for myself. I am most fascinated by vintage pieces -- especially border-line dress watches with interesting dials, and military-issue guys. I've also grown to like some modern pieces -- especially Ball watches -- for better reliability (?) and a certain hefty quality that is reassuring.

I hope to contribute to the community as much as I can. I am a graduate student in New York, so if you're ever around and want to chat watches / see my pieces / talk (+drink) craft beer, let me know!

Best,
Mark

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Welcome Mark.

When I'm in NY, I usually split my time between Hudson Heights and the Village. Lived here on and off (I travel a lot) going on 6 years now.

"He's just a witness"

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hey Mark, welcome!

I'm NYC too, either on the UES or SoHo for work. Some really cool places around the city to check out vintage watches. I just participated in a NYC GTG last weekend, but I would love to do another one really soon.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
A long way from NYC 99% of the time, but welcome none the less!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
My wife and I are foodies. Different restaurants from Soho n the Village to random places around NYC. If my Grand Seiko gets a compliment or acknowledgement it is an automatic drink on me! Literally. The drink will be on me from a surprised jerk reaction of confusion and awe that someone knows what a GS is out in public the drink will be spilled on me. Then when I get back from the restroom after cleaning myself up from the spill I will buy us both new drinks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! I'm in lower Manhattan myself, but my girl watches are probably not of interest to most people here.
Will you be attending the Timecrafters show next month?

JP, it'd be worth the price of a spilled beer (or whatever your drink of choice is) to see a GS in the wild. (i.e. the next round's on me!)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Welcome. I'm originally from Long Island but I've lived in Texas for 8 years. I did work right by Columbus Circle for almost 7 years though.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
Welcome, Mark. I'm NYC in winters, will visit you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure yet, though Friday's definitely out since I'll be working.

If anyone's wondering, it's May 16-18. I went last year and had a nice time, too shy to figure out if anyone was from WUS though.

I'm going to try and make it to timecrafters. When ru going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome! I'm in lower Manhattan myself, but my girl watches are probably not of interest to most people here.
Will you be attending the Timecrafters show next month?

JP, it'd be worth the price of a spilled beer (or whatever your drink of choice is) to see a GS in the wild.
Also, girly watches are of interest. Nothing better than making my woman happy with something I actually enjoy and understand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm going to Time Crafters this year. I went on Friday afternoon last year and it was pretty empty. I'm going to try and go the same time this year as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts