WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum so hello all. I have just received my first Russian watch but I know very little about it its a sekonda 18 jewel mechanical alarm. Can some one in the know fill me in with a bit more info thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
It's mechanical manual-wind soviet watch 'Sekonda' (exported version of 'Poljot'). Caliber 2612.1, estimated production - ~1970s

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hello and welcome. You don't see many of this dial lately |> I wish you a russian watch collection expansion asap. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hiya! Welcome to Russian Watches! Beautiful Sekonda:p Do you realize that you are now doomed?;-)

Smiles from Peter

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for a friendly welcome to the forum. I really like this watch normally I collect Seiko watches (I say collect I have 4) and any Chinese watches that take my fancy. How this watch does not shake its self to pieces every time the alarm goes off is beyond me the amount it vibrates. very impressive engineering.:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that is a really nice sekonda. You'll be surprised how many other watches will follow you home in the next 6-8 months :-d.
I'm still blown away how addictive these lil' timepeices are.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welcome balla !
Every time it shall ring you shall have to enter a new 'commie' in your house. So do not forget to set the watch for tomorrow!!
I wish you to become a good and loyal party member.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wellcome!
I've looked for a Russian watch with alarm for long time but I haven't found. You are owning a my dream one!
Hope to see other Russian watches from you!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello all once again thank you for the welcome :). I have been doing some research on the interweb regarding the 2612.1 and it looks to be a good reliable movement. However my watch has a micro weighted regulator I cannot find another example of this on the web. Has my watch been repaired at some point or is it a quirk in production or is this normal. See photo. Once again thanks to everyone and I hope I will be expanding my collection soon.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts