WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am new to watchuseek forums and am very happy. I have read numerous posts and threads that made me decide on several of my latest watches. Anyways I am very happy to have joined.

Although I have read a lot on watches and still learning about many features and mechanics I do have a lot of questions on my latest watch I purchased several days ago, a Luminox field chrono 1888. I am a happy camper with this new daily wear along with my DB aqua 1500, but a question I could not find in the forums was the care of the Luminox watch brand.

Inside the care instructions it is written that I need to service or at least make a check of the watch at an authorized dealer at intervals of approximately 2 years (18-24 months). I have never brought any of my watches for a checkup before and never had any issues with any of them but I wonder if this means that the Luminox watches are more fragile than other brands ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pretty much all manufacturers ask that you have a watch serviced every couple of years. Its just that watch movements could do with a check up every now and again. Some longer than others, but that 2 years is average and certainly is not a strike against Luminox.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much all manufacturers ask that you have a watch serviced every couple of years. Its just that watch movements could do with a check up every now and again. Some longer than others, but that 2 years is average and certainly is not a strike against Luminox.
Thank you for the quick response, I am sure that every watch manufacturers writes that somewhere in some notes but since I had been drooling for this watch for quite some time I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking any special precaution. I want to keep it for many years to come :p

·
Registered
14,653 Posts
I'm guessing it's a quartz movement so I wouldn't worry about it until the battery stops. If it's mechanical a lot of people recommend servicing every 5 years, but some people like to wait until the watch stops keeping good time. The risk there is that the oils could have dried out and you may have metal rubbing against metal without lubrication. Generally that leads to replacing parts rather than cleaning and oiling.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured I would probably have to service this Lumi once every 5 years although I had no clue why apart from changing the battery. Thank you for bringing my IQ up a notch Perseus, I'm learning new stuff everyday on WUS :beer:

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts