WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Happy Holidays!

I'm new here, I had a nice Citizen Eco-Drive that was stolen and am shopping for a new watch (I have a watch fetish anyhow) with some Christmas money.

I already found a very nice orient on Ebay, but I'd love a nice red faced watch something like the countless blue metallic faces you see, but in red and affordable! If you have a recomendation please let me know!

Thanks! santasmile

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello Starfire:

First, a hearty welcome to the Affordables Forum. You are among friends here.

I assume you mean that you would like a analog watch with a red dial. How about either a Fossil or a Timex? Both manufacture watches with red or maroon dials at prices less than $125.USD.

I hope that this helps.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes manual (automatic be nice) and trying to stay under 200. I've seen plenty of orange (the orient of ebay is orange) and even yellow but not many red or maroon.

I found something while the red bezel is a bit much I still like it, anywhere to purchase them at a discount, or still keep with recommendations.

http://www.steinhartwatches.com/store/special-ocean-1-red-42-p-98.html

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Starfire.
Hope we can help you out and you're a regular visitor!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome Starfire. Great group of people here, and very, very knowledgable!! Check out the thread from Habeeb regarding Divers. OWS1 has posted a picture of a very nice Steinhart with red dial and bezel. More than you are looking to spend, but from what I've read, well worth the extra money. Sorry about that Starfire, I didn't read your second post!! I see you already have looked at the watch I suggested.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Steinhart has a sale on that piece right now and my suggestion to solve your problem is to just "do it"! While it may be more than you want to spend.....sometimes you are just better off to get the piece you really want and spend the money (especially if on sale) than to search and hunt (nothing wrong with looking for a deal) and then find a watch that almost works for you. Steinharts are very nicely made watches and John and Elsa and the rest of folks at Steinhart are extremely nice folks.

Another option for a red faced watch would be to look at Swiss Army. They usually have some red faced models.....but when you start getting into their automatic line they do get expensive like other swiss watches.

You might want to consider a quartz watch if the red dial is the most important consideration and money is also important. Quartz pieces really are less expensive and overall usually more dependable when you get into the "affordable watch" range and out of the Seiko, Citizen, Lucien Picard, and Croton range of timepieces. Since LP and Croton have lifetime warranties on the movements....they are sort of no brainers in the affordable range if you like their styles.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
You might also look at some of the Android design watches. They have the post modern industrial nine inch nails feel going for them, but, some folks dont go for their style.

I think Wing Lang is one of the more creative and original guys designing watches today and he isnt afraid of what people think. He has a catapult watch with an actual catapult built into the watch, the famous horizon watch with the numerals across the top and bottom of the watch, and the one with the motorcycle inspired springer bracelet.

Of course, the reason I bring up this brand is that the price is usually betweeen $79-$200 and they offer a multitude of colors including RED, and they are well built with good CS, and they even have some Miyota automatics in that price range in red. They use a unique process in the dial colors by putting some type of filter on the interior of the crystal which only allows the red, blue, orange, or whatever color dial color they watch to reflect from the black dial to visually appear as a red, blue, orange, ect dial.

Cutting edge, original, post modern, industrial, economical.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might also look at some of the Android design watches. They have the post modern industrial nine inch nails feel going for them, but, some folks dont go for their style.

I think Wing Lang is one of the more creative and original guys designing watches today and he isnt afraid of what people think. He has a catapult watch with an actual catapult built into the watch, the famous horizon watch with the numerals across the top and bottom of the watch, and the one with the motorcycle inspired springer bracelet.

Of course, the reason I bring up this brand is that the price is usually betweeen $79-$200 and they offer a multitude of colors including RED, and they are well built with good CS, and they even have some Miyota automatics in that price range in red. They use a unique process in the dial colors by putting some type of filter on the interior of the crystal which only allows the red, blue, orange, or whatever color dial color they watch to reflect from the black dial to visually appear as a red, blue, orange, ect dial.

Cutting edge, original, post modern, industrial, economical.
Wow thanks never heard of them and I'm love that post modern look (Happen to be a fan of industrial music also), reasonable prices, I'm sure I'll pick one up soon, but just splurged on a hamilton watch, been wanting a nice automatic chrono watch and I really like the look of the Hamiltons, seem to have an art deco"ie" look to them. Thanks much! |>

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi Starfire - welcome to the forums! I see you've already made a purchase (way to go on the Hamilton - one of my personal favs :-!) but if you're still looking for something with a red dial, I picked up this SUG off eBay for under $100 - miyota automatic movement with decent H3 (gas discharge tubes) lume. Just another suggestion!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts