WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on a gorgeous little 1950s Movado cal. 95M chrono that I had been lusting after for some time...

...absolutely one of the best values out there on the vintage market bar none:

-Unique in-house column wheel chrono movement where the bottom pusher starts & stops while the top pusher resets the stopwatch.
-Minute counter is calibrated to 60 instead of the more common 30 minutes.
-Stainless steel screwback case made by FB (originally Francois Borgel, by this time Taubert et Fils), who also made water resistant cases for Patek, Vacheron and the Mido Multi-Center.
-Can still be had for a comparative song compared to watches of equal quality from the same era such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc.

There is a lot to love about this elegant chronograph! b-)
Best to all & HAGWE,
T.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Certainly one of the finest calibers, world famous and well worth its price, whatever that may be (For some reason prices for vintage Movados do not do justice to their quality...)
Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I think the issue is that the modern brand...

...has very minimal cache, although that may be changing with the release of some of those nice vintage-inspired chronos. But 40 years of mostly quartz Museum watches did the marque no favors.
The 60s Zenith/Movados are very nice but the really special period is prior to that with great in house chrono calibers and triple date/moonphase complications and on back to the Polyplan. A really undervalued Swiss manufacture with fantastic heritage pre-1960.
Best,
T.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Re: Thanks! I think the issue is that the modern brand...

very nice chrono with a great movement:-!congrats on your acquisition

1 - 5 of 5 Posts