WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has been awhile for me but just bought another HEQ, this time the Citizen Exceed. A big thank you to all the people who have posted on this watch before, reading through old posts were helpful.

Here is a post ofthe watch. :-!

First off after getting the watch, I was dissapointed in the box. I know a box is just a box and it goes in a drawer somewhere. But has to be one of the cheapest looking boxes I have ever received. Having spent some time in Japan, they know the importance of presentation. For what I spent on the watch, I guess I just expected more.

the next thing about the watch is it just seemed small. Maybe because of the white face? But I took a photo next to my EXP I and sure enough it measures up just fine.

The next thing was the weight, it just felt soooooooo light. But had to remind myself it it Titanium.

Well after all was said and one, wearing it for a few days. I give it the :-!.

I must admit if it was not a HEQ and not the E510 movement, the watch would not be worth the price.

But it IS HEQ and DOES have the cool Fly-By-Wire movement. I guess many WIS would think it is a waste of $ for what it is. But to me it is a great watch. Just as others like automatics because of all the gears and jewels, Ilike this watch FOR the movement as well.

I will say I was unsure if I liked the watch when I first put it on my wrist. But now, it will hold a special place in the HEQ collection. ( I know the SMP is probably not considered HEQ)

I am interested in learning as much as I can about my new watch, so anything anyone can teach me would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know what duratech is and if this watch has anti-magnetic properties?

Finally, it is good to be back with another HEQ on my wrist! :)

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I enjoyed the pics, especially the last. (But why is the Omeeeega there? For looks?)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Good pickup! Glad we could help.

Duratech is a coating that is very hard. For the Titanium models, it's either Titanium Nitride or (I believe) Titanium Carbide.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I enjoyed the pics, especially the last. (But why is the Omeeeega there? For looks?)

I know, at least I did not put all my quartz in the photo. :-d

The Omega was more so actually for size comparison.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello All,

Has been awhile for me but just bought another HEQ, this time the Citizen Exceed. A big thank you to all the people who have posted on this watch before, reading through old posts were helpful.

Here is a post ofthe watch. :-!

First off after getting the watch, I was dissapointed in the box. I know a box is just a box and it goes in a drawer somewhere. But has to be one of the cheapest looking boxes I have ever received. Having spent some time in Japan, they know the importance of presentation. For what I spent on the watch, I guess I just expected more.

the next thing about the watch is it just seemed small. Maybe because of the white face? But I took a photo next to my EXP I and sure enough it measures up just fine.

The next thing was the weight, it just felt soooooooo light. But had to remind myself it it Titanium.

Well after all was said and one, wearing it for a few days. I give it the :-!.

I must admit if it was not a HEQ and not the E510 movement, the watch would not be worth the price.

But it IS HEQ and DOES have the cool Fly-By-Wire movement. I guess many WIS would think it is a waste of $ for what it is. But to me it is a great watch. Just as others like automatics because of all the gears and jewels, Ilike this watch FOR the movement as well.

I will say I was unsure if I liked the watch when I first put it on my wrist. But now, it will hold a special place in the HEQ collection. ( I know the SMP is probably not considered HEQ)

I am interested in learning as much as I can about my new watch, so anything anyone can teach me would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know what duratech is and if this watch has anti-magnetic properties?

Finally, it is good to be back with another HEQ on my wrist! :)
I've got two of them, too, and I agree about the box. But the thing that I thought (and think) is really cheap and nasty is the instruction sheet. First, it's as big as a bed sheet, was apparently printed through a microscope and secondly it apparently has no organization at all. The translation to English from Japanese via another ten or twelve languages is no worse than most, but it takes half an hour to find the right bit for any particular adjustment. Incidentally, one of mine is as accurate as my A 660 The Citizen. The other one is good, but not as good. Mine are both black but otherwise just like yours. I hope you enjoy it and that it treats you well!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello All,

:)
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. The earlier posts certainly helped me decide to buy an Exceed.

It is now a few weeks since I got mine and it has usurped all my vintage watches. I am wearing it 7 days a week around 18 hours a day [I don't sleep much] in an attempt to do a proper timing test.
Mine is holding time dead on. I am getting a perverse pleasure from watching that second hand landing dead_on_twelve with the atomic clock.

Rather annoyingly I reset peoples computers clocks to the correct time. Ignoring all protestations about the accuracy of their computer.

I agree about instructions and promise to scan , enlarge and post them for reference!

Who is game enough to take the plate of the back of their Exceed so we can see if there are any clues underneath? Not me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts