WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this forum doesn't get a lot of action, so I figured I would share my first Oris. I made a post looking for an affordable "true" GMT, and this was suggested to me. Great choice!

After months of searching, I finally found a used Oris Worldtimer at a decent price. This one is the TT1 version. This was in perfect time for me to travel through a bunch of time zones next week and try it out. I have never seen a photo of one with this dial, but I think it looks pretty good.

I've only had it on my wrist for a few hours, but I'll write some brief impressions:

-So far, the legibility seems quite good. The polished/lume hands stand out well off the dial, and the small blue hands stand out very well against the silver subdials.
-The color-coded day/night indicator is quite cool for the second time zone. It is silver/blue.
-I had read in some other threads about people having issues with the date getting stuck between dates. This happened when I first set it, but it was easy to correct. Each date has 2 notches, so you just set it in between, and it corrects itself when you push the crown in.
-This is one advantage over the Omega, it does have a quick set date, which is quite nice. This means that I Would be less worried about keeping the watch on a winder at all times, since I will wear it sporadically.
-The large crown is very easy to grip, and looks cool. It has crisp steps to each position, and winds smoothly.
-The main selling point of this watch of course, is the time adjusting pushers. They operate with a nice solid click, and the hour hand jumps instantly to the next hour (forwards or back).
-The date changes over with the pushers as advertised. Depending on where the minutes are, it jumps halfway between 10-11, and the rest of the way between 11-12.
-The case and bracelet are both quite solid feeling and high quality.
-I love the Oris red rotor, and the domed sapphire crystal is a nice touch.
-The deep blue dial, and sunburst/gillouche (sp?) subdials look great in sunlight.
-It wears a lot smaller than it looks in photos. I haven't measured it, but I think it is around 42mm. Because of the small crystal/dial vs case size, it seems more like a 40mm, which is OK with me for a travel watch. It looks classy, but I don't think that it will attract a lot of attention.

The only "problem" is that the local store where my wife bought my POC has a used Omega GMT for sale at a reasonable price...I'm very tempted to pick it up if I can sell a few other things from my collection. I'm not sure how long the Oris will last, but I plan to enjoy it for a while while I have it! The Omega is being serviced by the shop so it will be a while before I'd be able to get it anyway.

·
Premium Member
60,810 Posts
Very nice watch. It ticks two boxes straight away for me - it's blue and it's an Oris. I believe that they produced the TTI in a GMT version but I' not sure if it was a true GMT like yours. To be honest I did not even know that Oris had produced a Wordtimer in TT1 size, let alone such a nice one.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice watch. It ticks two boxes straight away for me - it's blue and it's an Oris. I believe that they produced the TTI in a GMT version but I' not sure if it was a true GMT like yours. To be honest I did not even know that Oris had produced a Wordtimer in TT1 size, let alone such a nice one.
Thanks! I was just looking for any Oris that looked cool and had this movement. They made a few different versions of the TT1 with worldtimer, but this color combo is pretty nice for sure.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a good looking choice! The blue dial gives it some personality! Oris makes great watches! Congrats on your Worldtimer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts