WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a Zenith "guy," but have always been taken with the reputation and design esthetic of Omega watches, especially the black dial Speedmaster Broad Arrow. In my brief review of various threads related to the BA, I'm more than a little concerned about the reliablity/durability of the 33xx movement. I own two El Primero Zeniths (410's) - Stainless Steel and Rose Gold. Have worn the SS almost everyday for 4 years (the gold one is too flashy for me - only two months of wear), and with the exception of leaving my SS home for camping and fishing trips, and downhill skiing days, I do a pretty good job of "banging" the watch around (seems like almost daily) with no incidence. I wil point out that the watch has seconds gain much higher than I would expect.

I bring my existing mechanical watch experience up only to illustrate that part of my goal in buying an Omega is flat out durability, but......the Speedmaster Broad Arrow is the most appealing to me. So, is it possible to buy. or rather outfit, a Speedmaster Pro (non-moon phase) with BA hands, thereby eliminating the questionalbe movement concern? Hope this question doesn't offend the sensibilities of Omega fans.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome, Jayson

Welcome to Omegaland, Jayson. It sounds like you've been doing c.33xx research, so I won't go on about that. If you're looking for something that more readily compares to your El Primeros, as far as history, durability, and proven reliability, I'd recommend looking at the Lemania based c.1861 Speedmasters. But, it looks like you're already one step ahead!

eric

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric, Speedy with white dial and black sub dials?

Eric,

Did I see a photo (during my late night research) of three of your "Speedy's" - one with a white dial and black subdials? All three are beauties, and probably have exceptional histories, but the white n black dial looks quite destinctive and wonderful.

Jason

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I'm not that lucky

Eric,

Did I see a photo (during my late night research) of three of your "Speedy's" - one with a white dial and black subdials? All three are beauties, and probably have exceptional histories, but the white n black dial looks quite destinctive and wonderful.

Jason
Nope, I'm not that lucky, Jason. You might have been looking at Elton's trio, which includes the lovely Apollo XI 35th Anniversary Speedmaster.

eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts