WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Omega after falling victim to a fake on my initial entry into the hobby. I picked up a Breitling SOHII a few months ago and it turned out to be a very convincing reproduction, but I learned a lesson and am thankful that the local private party I purchased from is working with me and I am able to redeploy some cash on a Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50 from Watch Vault NYC.

I definitely understand the preference for the Speedy pro dial layout and history, but I wanted to stick with an automatic and my ~7” wrist is small enough to work with the reduced. I look forward to taking delivery of the watch and collecting a few strap alternatives - starting with a nice tan leather band and then something in gray or black fabric.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry to hear about your first experience being a fake. It sounds like you are all set with a new Omega now though! Would love to see pics once you receive it. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Congrats on your new Reduced! I'm sure your experience with Watch Vault NYC will be much more enjoyable than your first foray into the hobby. We're a tough crowd here, but pictures will go a long way to softening us up. Enjoy the honeymoon!!

Rene

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Will snap and post a couple pics as soon as it arrives.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Congrats! The Speedy reduced is a lovely watch. I used to own one and enjoyed it very much.
I look forward to the photos!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34,641 Posts
Great choice, IMHO.

You should be very happy with your decision once it arrives.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The bracelet will be a bit snug so I ordered a cheap gray canvas strap to ensure I can wear the watch while I search for an extra link and the perfect brown leather strap.

Any suggestions on where to find a decent price on an extra link and pin?

Also, thoughts on upsizing to a 19mm leather strap to add a little substance? I believe I have read that the extra 1mm can be squeezed between the lugs without issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watch arrived today and it looks great despite wearing a little smaller than I remember from when I tried one on a few months ago.

Condition was as described by Watch Vault NYC with only a couple small marks on the outer rim of the bezel and on the left side of the case that I won’t notice when it’s on my wrist. The bracelet is almost mint and fits perfectly on the last micro-adjustment, but I will swap to a padded vintage brown leather strap as soon as I decide which one to order.

IMG_7685.jpg

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Congrats! Wear it in good health!

René

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Rene and Wolfgang.

I’ll enjoy the 3510.50 but will be keeping an eye out for a good deal on a AT 2512.50 as my next Omega

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gray canvas strap showed up today - I like the more casual look, but am not a fan of how dainty it looks with the taper down to 16mm at the buckle. Will be making sure the leather strap I pick has a little more padding and no taper.

IMG_7690.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gray canvas strap showed up today - I like the more casual look, but am not a fan of how dainty it looks with the taper down to 16mm at the buckle. Will be making sure the leather strap I pick has a little more padding and no taper.

View attachment 15827074

Looks great! That was actually one of the things I have come to appreciate about the bracelets on the new Speedmaster and the straps as well; the taper. I like it and find that it adds to the comfort. I understand what you mean about dainty though. It doesn't bother me because it is on the underside. When I first got my Diver 300 I didn't really know what the big deal was when I would always read that people were bothered the bracelet doesn't taper. It never really bothered me until I tried a bracelet and strap that DID taper; now I get it. Not a deal breaker by any means, but once I tried it, it was definitely a noticeable difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts