WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New to Omega

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  ELSchlotty 
#1 ·
I just purchased my first Omega after falling victim to a fake on my initial entry into the hobby. I picked up a Breitling SOHII a few months ago and it turned out to be a very convincing reproduction, but I learned a lesson and am thankful that the local private party I purchased from is working with me and I am able to redeploy some cash on a Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50 from Watch Vault NYC.

I definitely understand the preference for the Speedy pro dial layout and history, but I wanted to stick with an automatic and my ~7” wrist is small enough to work with the reduced. I look forward to taking delivery of the watch and collecting a few strap alternatives - starting with a nice tan leather band and then something in gray or black fabric.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Congrats on your new Reduced! I'm sure your experience with Watch Vault NYC will be much more enjoyable than your first foray into the hobby. We're a tough crowd here, but pictures will go a long way to softening us up. Enjoy the honeymoon!!

Rene

#10 · (Edited)
The bracelet will be a bit snug so I ordered a cheap gray canvas strap to ensure I can wear the watch while I search for an extra link and the perfect brown leather strap.

Any suggestions on where to find a decent price on an extra link and pin?

Also, thoughts on upsizing to a 19mm leather strap to add a little substance? I believe I have read that the extra 1mm can be squeezed between the lugs without issue.

#11 ·
Watch arrived today and it looks great despite wearing a little smaller than I remember from when I tried one on a few months ago.

Condition was as described by Watch Vault NYC with only a couple small marks on the outer rim of the bezel and on the left side of the case that I won't notice when it's on my wrist. The bracelet is almost mint and fits perfectly on the last micro-adjustment, but I will swap to a padded vintage brown leather strap as soon as I decide which one to order.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

#12 ·
Congrats! Wear it in good health!

René

#17 ·
Gray canvas strap showed up today - I like the more casual look, but am not a fan of how dainty it looks with the taper down to 16mm at the buckle. Will be making sure the leather strap I pick has a little more padding and no taper.

View attachment 15827074

Looks great! That was actually one of the things I have come to appreciate about the bracelets on the new Speedmaster and the straps as well; the taper. I like it and find that it adds to the comfort. I understand what you mean about dainty though. It doesn't bother me because it is on the underside. When I first got my Diver 300 I didn't really know what the big deal was when I would always read that people were bothered the bracelet doesn't taper. It never really bothered me until I tried a bracelet and strap that DID taper; now I get it. Not a deal breaker by any means, but once I tried it, it was definitely a noticeable difference.

#24 ·
The watch box hasn’t gotten any bigger, but I seem to like the hobby and continue to shuffle.

First swapped the Seiko for an Oris ChronOris, but never really bonded with it so traded into a Damasko DS30 WU edition that I am loving.

With the weekend watch settled I am now trading the 3510.50 for a Aqua Terra Chrono 2512.50 - I love the speedy reduced, but it wears a touch too small for me. Considered swapping for a speedy pro, but I think the aqua terra will be a better all around watch and I wanted to stick with an automatic - hope I love it as much in person as I do in pictures.

Watch Hand Analog watch White Light

Watch Analog watch White Light Product

#26 ·
The AT Chrono showed up today and looks great. Need to size the bracelet so threw it on a leather strap for now (unfortunately I don’t have any 21mm straps in the drawer so excuse the gap). It will end up wearing a touch too long with the fixed ends up the bracelet so I will be shopping for leather/rubber/fabric strap options - any ideas?

Watch Analog watch Product Everyday carry Clock

Watch Analog watch Plant Rectangle Clock

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gesture

Watch Tartan Wood Flooring Gesture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.