WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this forum but not new to horology and the love of watches. My last collection way back in the early 2000s, consisted of mainly Rolex time pieces ( subs and daytona mainly), all that was traded off before I left the UK for the USA in late 2007. Since then, I have been running "nekid" so to speak :-d

I recently decided to purchase an Oris Challenge International De Tourism 1932 ref: 733-7669-4084LS from an online reputable GM dealer, unfortunately my first attempt of a purchase online ( always used to buy GM watches in person back in the UK ) has not turned out so well. I am not naming the dealer as "these things happen" so just wanted your opinion on what I should do next.

Now to the issue, I ordered the watch and it was promptly delivered , however after I opened it, I noticed the inner box was not correct and also did not include the lighter nor the space to even allow lighter to be included. After a little research, I noted that the outer Oris box had a different serial number to what the watch had. I guess the watch with cushion was placed into a wrong box? I sent them an online inquiry within an hour or so of delivery noting this issue. I did not try the watch on nor aything until the next day when I wound it up, approx 20 turn or so, the watch would stop everytime at approx 10 mins. So it looks like the watch is DOA. Again, I emailed the seller when I noted this, this is now the second day since I have taken delivery of this item.

I am little disappointed by the sellers response to my issue, they stated that they want me to perform some more tests and also if all fails to send it in for repair. The inner box and accessory of the limited edition box was not even mentioned either. Was hoping they would ask me to send it back in for an exchange at min.

I will be calling them up when I get a chance today. My question is, am I entitled to have replacement watch sent to me , or must I accept a repair? also, should I have to pay to send a DOA watch with wrong box back? Should negotiations fail, am I entitled to a full refund? Thanks.

·
Registered
60,591 Posts
That's the big advantage of buying AD - the watch will come with the correct box. GM dealers often play a bit more fast and loose with the boxes. If the watch was good I think I would cut my losses working on the principle of "a watch in the hand is worth two at the GM dealer's"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, I tend to agree with you now after my USA GM experience. However, I guess the box issue is moot since the unit was DOA. I have spoken to their tech dept and they stated that they will be sending me an RMA number to return or exchange it. Sounds, good, awaiting RMA email now.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Indeed, I tend to agree with you now after my USA GM experience. However, I guess the box issue is moot since the unit was DOA. I have spoken to their tech dept and they stated that they will be sending me an RMA number to return or exchange it. Sounds, good, awaiting RMA email now.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your new watch. Having had similar experiences I would insist on a replacement watch and not accept a repair. I've also found that a phone call works better than email in this type of situation. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If the watch is fine, the money still in your pocket should more than compensate for the box... You do not need to and should not accept a non working watch. I'd send the watch back and ask for a working one. If they balk at this, ask for a refund.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to state that today I received a full refund. Really happy about that, sad that in this day and age one gets "happy" when they rightfully get a refund when item was clearly DOA.

In any case, I will definitely be using the same folks again in the future since I judge a organization by the after sales more than just the sales aspect of the business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts