WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around ebay and reading as much as I can around the subject and have set my heart on an Amphibia Tonneau. The following appear to be OK but I wondered:

a) Are they genuine and not "Frankens"?

b) Will they work when they arrive?

c) Is the seller known to be reputable?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WATCH-VOSTOK-AMPHIBIAN-2209-USSR-SOVIET-MILITARY-DIVER-TYPE-STEEL-CASE-1980s-/160828434451?pt=item25721f2813UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item25721f2813

WATCH VOSTOK AMPHIBIAN 2209 USSR SOVIET MILITARY STAINLESS STEEL CASE SERVICED | eBay

Many many thanks for any help that is forthcoming!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Vostok Amphibia is always a good choice. 2209 was the first caliber used in Amphibia, followed by 2409, 2414 aind 2416.
1- Looks genuine to me, especially the first one. Tne lumina on the second hand is missing, so it looks like it's used and it's old.
2- This caliber is good, so if the seller is correct there must be no problem.
3- I don't know this seller...
Best wishes,
Galin
PS- This is an old watch, so check the water resistance before a "real life" test :-!

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
Hi Jamoli--
I'm just about as new to this as you, but I've picked up a few things in the past few months.
I _think_ they're genuine, though I don't know about the open circle hands.

I've been leery of bay sellers that end in "_ua." You might want to search this forum for them. I thought I understood (though I cannot be sure) that they're all related, and some, particularly "cherry_ua" have listed some pretty bad frankens. (see my post here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/franken-week-88091-26.html#post5239051). I have no experience with timepieces_ua or cherry_ua's shipping, response, customer service or honesty (except blatantly selling some frankens as authentic, but at least it seems like they post honest pictures).
I have ordered one item from "seller-ua", which arrived in the (very long) time advertised and arrived in the condition as advertised. It's supposed to be a 3aka3, and everything seems to be in the right place, but I haven't put pics up to the forum yet for them to make fun of me. :) (Still, I got it at a good price and I like it, so I don't care so much if it's a franken.)

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Number one looks okay and number two is okay except for the applied lume dot on the bezel. These are vintage watches and I don't care how well-meaning or honest the seller is a vintage watch is subject to stop at any time and there is no guarantee. Many sellers will accept the return of a non-working watch because it is good business. However, I agree with mosferatu and I would expect them to work. I don't believe I've ever bought from this seller before but looking at what else he's got I noticed some fantasy watches and I don't like to see those!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Both seem OK. I have bought from this seller before. Items arrive fairly well packaged, standard former USSR way. Pricing is good from this seller. Watches are in a "B" sort of condition. For better you pay more from sovieterawatch, flaikin77, romantic_time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts