WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to this site. I just wanted to know (I live in Chicago), where is a good place to get my Tag serviced. It's a Kirium with the gold bezel and polished center links from 2001. Never had it serviced, but never had a problem. It's still running fine, but it looks beat up and I feel that it def. needs some rejuvination. Also, what do you think the avg. cost will be on something like this? Crystal is not scratched at all, fyi. Thx.

S

·
0 Posts
Can't help you but I'd like to welcome you on Watchuseek and on our Public Forum as well.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I am new to this site. I just wanted to know (I live in Chicago), where is a good place to get my Tag serviced.
Welcome to WUS from another Chicago area resident. I don't know of a local Tag service center. I have taken a couple of Tags to my local AD for service (Jared) and have had one OK experience and one absolutlely awful one. You can expect to pay around $500 - $600 with them and they do very minimal case refinishing. I still have two Tags and will probably just use the Authorised US Service Center if I still own them when they are ready for service again.

You could also try posting in the Tag Heuer forum here to see if anyone has any other recommendations.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I sent this 1973 Heuer to the TAG NJ service center (fingers crossed). However, it came back mint. It was over 30 years old and had never been serviced. They replaced the pushers, and crystal. Gave it a complete overhaul, and polished the case. I paid around $700 or a little more. It took about 2 months to get it back. It is now my most accurate watch and is not even a chronometer. Hope this helps. - David

·
Registered
508 Posts
Awesome watch!!

I sent this 1973 Heuer to the TAG NJ service center (fingers crossed). However, it came back mint. It was over 30 years old and had never been serviced. They replaced the pushers, and crystal. Gave it a complete overhaul, and polished the case. I paid around $700 or a little more. It took about 2 months to get it back. It is now my most accurate watch and is not even a chronometer. Hope this helps. - David

Hans does good work!!
Best,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts