WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered this corner of the world, visited Stowa's page, and am impressed by how incredibly awesome these watches are. So impressed that I have an inclination to pony up some money and buy one right now.

But wait - am I misinterpreting things here, or am I correct that after searching and seeing the big scheduling post by Jorg, if I bought something (anything) today, the fastest I'd get any watch in the collection is September this year? I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this all correctly.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I just discovered this corner of the world, visited Stowa's page, and am impressed by how incredibly awesome these watches are. So impressed that I have an inclination to pony up some money and buy one right now.

But wait - am I misinterpreting things here, or am I correct that after searching and seeing the big scheduling post by Jorg, if I bought something (anything) today, the fastest I'd get any watch in the collection is September this year? I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this all correctly.
It is true that you have to wait for one of these pieces. But good things come to those that wait. b-)

I'm 8 months in to my wait for my AO with no end in site, but I know that it'll be worth it. |>

·
Registered
593 Posts
Check this out. It's a simplistic model, but it has some bearing in the case of Stowa.

The idea is that you can get 2 of 3 of these things: Speed, Good Price, or High Quality. You can't get all 3. Stowa is a classic example of good price & high quality, but slow. I know I had canniptions the first month I was waiting on my Damasko DA36. But now that I've got it (I was lucky, only a little over 3 months of waiting) I'm so happy with it.

Sure you can buy an Omega or other fine watch tomorrow at your local jeweler, but if you want a Stowa you'll need to wait. Unless you want to try your hand at the second hand market?

In any event, I'm looking forward to MO LE 2 #16/120 in October! Or likely a little later... :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check this out. It's a simplistic model, but it has some bearing in the case of Stowa.

The idea is that you can get 2 of 3 of these things: Speed, Good Price, or High Quality. You can't get all 3. Stowa is a classic example of good price & high quality, but slow. I know I had canniptions the first month I was waiting on my Damasko DA36. But now that I've got it (I was lucky, only a little over 3 months of waiting) I'm so happy with it.

Sure you can buy an Omega or other fine watch tomorrow at your local jeweler, but if you want a Stowa you'll need to wait. Unless you want to try your hand at the second hand market?

In any event, I'm looking forward to MO LE 2 #16/120 in October! Or likely a little later... :)
A really nice economical model, that applies to a lot of things, among other things Schauer watches.

A good thing with waiting is that you have time to accumulate money for your purchase...

Pichao

S

·
0 Posts

Correct. Time enough to save up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A good thing with waiting is that you have time to accumulate money for your purchase...

Pichao
So wait - you don't have to pay up front? When do you have to pay? If you "reserve" an AO today, what is the price you pay at some point in the future when they are built (i.e. currency fluctuations for Euro vs. USD). What if you reserve one and don't buy it? Couldn't I just wait 'till the AOs are being produced and then order one, and just be in the back of the queue, but wouldn't have had to be on a list for an indeterminate amount of time?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think they are sensible ones.

S

·
0 Posts
So wait - you don't have to pay up front? When do you have to pay? If you "reserve" an AO today, what is the price you pay at some point in the future when they are built (i.e. currency fluctuations for Euro vs. USD). What if you reserve one and don't buy it? Couldn't I just wait 'till the AOs are being produced and then order one, and just be in the back of the queue, but wouldn't have had to be on a list for an indeterminate amount of time?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think they are sensible ones.
Please read the current threads regarding the situation regarding all remaining FO orders. Will clear up things.

Usually you reserve/order a watch by e-mail to Jörg Schauer and his team and you will get a confirmation by e-mail, you will be informaed about the expected delivery date as well.
You will get notified when the watch is ready to deliver and you will be asked to transfer the money.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, you have to wait. But if you stray away from the mainstream brands and models and start delving in to the murky world of horology, you'll find that patience is one of the tools of the trade.

No chance of getting an AO any time in the near future, but there are some of lovely pieces in the range. The Airman Auto No Date would make a decent substitute and there's also the other models....

·
Registered
253 Posts
A three month wait isn't exactly going to kill you is it? There are numerous coping mechanisms that forum members have developed...such as compulsive posting on this forum and collecting other user's pictures of their future watch.

If you have to have instant gratification then there are always other options, but you may not gain as much enjoyment in the long run. Your choice!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I know, I know; sometimes instant gratification isn't quick enough for me either...

Forgive the *****y response, but those of us who've been around this page for awhile have read a number of these types of posts. Solution is simple: muster up the patience, or look elsewhere. At Stowa, no watch before its time :-d

PS: ya dont part with yer cash till 2 weeks before it ships.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, listen to redbike, he has the "medals" that prove his patience (Stowa FO). You're not buying an MP3 player off amazon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PS: ya dont part with yer cash till 2 weeks before it ships.
OK, that changes the picture here a little bit. I thought I had to pay today and wait a few months. That lessens the blow a bit. For those of us buying from the USA, at what point in time is the Euro to USD conversion? At that 2 week mark?

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK, that changes the picture here a little bit. I thought I had to pay today and wait a few months. That lessens the blow a bit. For those of us buying from the USA, at what point in time is the Euro to USD conversion? At that 2 week mark?
Yep, whether you're paying via paypal or wire, you'll get whatever exchange rate is in effect at the time. Note that the fixed Stowa price is in Euros, you simply have to scratch up enough US pesos to convert into that price.

If you could predict the future, you could choose to pay at anytime at the most advantageous exchange rate. Although if you could predict future exchange rates, you probably would be making a mint on Wall St. instead of hanging around here.... :-d

·
Registered
181 Posts
A three month wait isn't exactly going to kill you is it?
If only that projection was reliable.

The problem is NOT the wait. It is the unexpected wait.

I've had my delivery pushed back 4 times now? Was not explained to me (had to gather from reading forum)... okay moving facilities... delays from supplier... blah blah blah. As a paying (PAID) customer, not MY problem, but understandable.

But explain this: I ordered and paid for an original (white) FIRST. then LATER the black-face model was INTRODUCED, and the customers ordering these have already received their watches? did they run out of white coloring for my dial?

Moreover, an acquaintance ordered an identical watch to mine (original) AFTER my purchase, yet he's already received his, and im still waiting? ridiculous

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Dear picanhapilot,

please e-mail directly to me and I will have a look into your order.

But please be advised that all delays have a reason .-)

For example the blued hands for the MO are out of stock and delayed from supplier - but we will get them approximately next week.

The white hands are in stock.

So sometimes things are different than they look . :)

We are communicating as good as possible but nobody is perfect, nonetheless we still think that most of our customers are realy satisfied with our service.

Please mail directly to me with your order conformation and i will check and let you know.

[email protected]

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why have you paid when everyone else indicates you don't pay until your delivery is 2 weeks out?
who is everyone and where is that reliable source?

i went through the website for the order, the confirmation email says 'pay through paypal or bank money transfer' and i did the former.

neither are there statements on the current website, prominent or not, indicating that one needs only to pay just before delivery

either way, i have no problem with it, and the payment process itself is not the topic of my displeasure

S

·
0 Posts
Web site quote: "So please wait for your payment till we will inform you about the actual delivery time. "

·
Registered
181 Posts
?

one'd figure that statement would be placed under the header of Delivery, or Payment, and not stuffed in the middle of a paragraph in the FAQ....
:think:

DELIVERY
Transportservice worldwideWordwide insured shipping within 3-4 days.
Please choose your country for FedEx shipping.
After this the system choose the perfect transportcosts you have to pay.
Fedex as our partner delivers the watch and will also ask you for the VAT of your country.
PAYMENT
PaymentConcerning Payment

Paypal
Please register under www.paypal.com if you want to use this new and perfect system.
With PayPal you can transfer money from e-mail to e-mail.
Our e-mailadress for payments through PayPal is: [email protected]

Payment to banc
To transfer the amount to our bank account you will need following data:

Jörg Schauer
Salmbacher Weg 52
75331 Engelsbrand
Germany

Volksbank Pforzheim

SWIFT:VBPFDE66

IBAN DE24 6669 0000 0002 2511 12

1 - 20 of 32 Posts