WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I was so impressed with my first Russian watch (a modern Poljot chrono) than did some research, jumped on eBay, and got myself a couple vintage Vostoks.

One is a 3AKA3 Komandirskie. It's in immaculate condition, but the bezel that's difficult to turn. Will any competent watchmaker be able help me with this? Where can I find instructions for removing the bezel and cleaning it myself?

I believe the other is a Vostok lady's watch (36mm case). I like it a lot, but when the second hand is at 12, the hour hand does not sit directly on the correct spot. For example, at midnight, the hour hand sits at the 1-minute mark. Can a watchmaker fix this? It's a consistent problem, so I think just the hand is out of position.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Impulsv,

The bezel is held on by a spring so it can be popped off, cleaned, and put back on. This article by Phil should be of help: take bezel off, then take the spring out, clean both and also the bit of the case hidden by the bezel, then put it all back together.

The other watch might be a Juniorskie, the problem seems like the hands were not put on properly; a watchmaker would have no problem at all putting them back on again: the point is that the hands should be put on as 12 o'clock, and then wound forward to check alignment at all the other hours, especially 6 o'clock.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hello! I was so impressed with my first Russian watch (a modern Poljot chrono) than did some research, jumped on eBay, and got myself a couple vintage Vostoks.

One is a 3AKA3 Komandirskie. It's in immaculate condition, but the bezel that's difficult to turn. Will any competent watchmaker be able help me with this? Where can I find instructions for removing the bezel and cleaning it myself?

I believe the other is a Vostok lady's watch (36mm case). I like it a lot, but when the second hand is at 12, the hour hand does not sit directly on the correct spot. For example, at midnight, the hour hand sits at the 1-minute mark. Can a watchmaker fix this? It's a consistent problem, so I think just the hand is out of position.

Thanks in advance.
That bezel problem sounds like it could just possibly be corroded a bit, or it has a good bit of dirt and gunk between it and the case, causing it to be a bit bound up. Removal is pretty easy, you can use a pen knife or a case back tool to pry it off of the case. It should just pop straight up an come right off, it's held in place by a wire 'spring' that fits in a groove in the bezel and the case.

The lady's watch sounds as if their might have been some work done on it, and when the hands were put back on, they weren't lined up right. You can pull the hands off with a puller and have them reset. A watchmaker can do this easily.

(ha ha----Seele and I were typing over each other, again.) :-d

1 - 3 of 3 Posts