WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I've new to watches, but I realized that I may start to need a watch in my life, and it would be more convenient than pulling out my phone to check for the time every time.
I've never really worn watches, except for this one time for a few months, but that was it, so I'm not really sure what is good and what isn't. I'm looking for some kind of minimalist design though. I don't like having tons of dials on the watch or having date, time, weather, temperature, etc all on a small screen. I want it to be simple, but usable. I prefer digital watches more, but I guess I'm okay with other kinds. If you've heard of Qlocktwo, I like that kind of watch, and it's not digital, but that is expensive. I guess I want something easy to read if I took a glance, and digital watches are the most easy, like if I woke up confused at 3am, I would know what time it is. Another thing I kind of like is the Mutewatch, as it's simple, and it serves its purpose(tells me the time), but mutewatch is pretty expensive. I'm just referencing to show what kind of style I prefer. Another thing is that I don't want to spend as much on a watch as on my cellphone, so I'm looking for something $200 or below. If anyone has any suggestions that fit my preferences, please post them for me. Thank you!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I suggest you hold off purchasing a watch for a while, save up your allowance, learn how to read analogue and then continue your search for a watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no need for your condescending attitude. I was just looking for an affordable, easily usable watch that I wouldn't mind wearing around all the time because I needed the use of telling time conveniently.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Anything at your local department store will work.
Its $200 and not $2000 or $20,000. Buy whatever you think looks nice and is legible to you.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Look at all the $150-$200 Seikos in the department stores. They aren't digital, but are very simple in design, easy to read and better quality, you will be hard to find at any price. I've worn Seikos for many years and they are indestructible! Good luck!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I suggest you hold off purchasing a watch for a while, save up your allowance, learn how to read analogue and then continue your search for a watch.

Really? This is your contribution? I have a suggestion of my own for you. Rethink your choice of username. It doesn't seem to fit you very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, guys, for your suggestions.
Gshocks are okay, but some of them seem like a little too much is going on all on something small.
I like the breo. It fits what I'm looking for.
The Nixon Newton looks good as well.
Does anyone know how well built these two are though? Are they good quality?

I looked some of the Junghans watch up, and I really like the Mega Futura. A little more expensive than what I was looking forward, but I might decide to splurge.
Seikos were what I was thinking of if I decided to go analog. What are the differences in the categories(Ananta, Sportura, Premier, etc)?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Boccia 728-01 was my pick for a simple quartz. It's a sharp looking analog from a few feet away, with discreet digital displays for the wearer. It's extremely light (titanium case), has a sapphire crystal, and comes from a well regarded company. Only problem is that there is no backlight and the lume sucks, so reading it at 3am w/o some light isn't going to happen. Mine was $139 on the bay.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
If you're not set on digital, a Mondaine quartz watch should cost around $200 from Amazon or some other internet retailer.

That's the "Giant Size" 42mm version, but they come in smaller sizes, with day and date too, if that's your flavor. For a pure digital, I prefer Suunto to anything else, but they also have lots of features. $200 should get you into some of their entry level models. Look at the Vector and Core. I have an X-Lander and I might upgrade to an Elementum soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts