WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arived in the post today Fed Exed from The US..

A new Invicta 8926,

I havent seen a shop in the UK selling them, I took a leap of faith and bought one after recomendations of WUS. Im glad I did and the fact you dont really see them over here makes it even sweeter

Its a lovely looking watch, even better in the flesh that the pics ive seen. and I paid a stupidly low price for it $89 inc postage from the USA. Like I said before it must be the exchange rates working in my favour.

the watch madness has truly begun
Rb

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys

In the mean time Ive just won an E Bay Auction for an Sieko Orange Monster. from Pokemon.

Again another watch I havent seen, just blind trust in WUS.

Rb

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Thanks Guys

In the mean time Ive just won an E Bay Auction for an Sieko Orange Monster. from Pokemon.

Rb
I've also got an OM from pokey, it' a nice chunk of metal.:-!

One word of warning though. The last few watches I've received from him, I've had to pay VAT and clearance fee before the post office would release them. :-( So expect to have to stump up another £10 - £12 before you see it.:rodekaart

Rip off Britain eh!! <| <|

I like the Invicta by the way, did you get it from Amazon?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Thanks Guys

Rb
I bet that you will love the Orange Monster. I've had one about three months and it barely leaves my wrist. After wearing the heavy monster, all of my other watches feel like toys in comparison. The OM is a great value for the money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warning.

The only thing this country does well, is bleed its people dry with its crazy taxes. The sheriff of Nottingham would be proud. I guess someone has to pay for all the single mums and illegal immigrants ;-)

I bought the invicta from E bay. his user name is 'though', all the coms came from bekenridge computers in the states from a guy named troy.

so far so good, it really is a nice looking watch. Highly recomended

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I really want the OM, I bought the invicta first as I wear a suit to work. The logic is that I would probably get more use out of the invicta

The OM will cover weekend duties and the like

I really didnt mean to win the auction. I noticed that the bids were low and it only had 45 mins left to run so I chanced a low bid ($105 usd). which works out at only approx £60.

really pleased with that result.

Rb

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Welcome to the madness...er hobby!:-D

The 8926 was one of my first, it is a great watch with shirt and tie or casual.:-!

Last year I started out with a couple of quartz watches (Timex, Casio), now I am up to um...50 <gulp>, no wonder my bank account is empty :-X

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I was going to get the Invicta a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.com. It was about $85, but then thet put the price up so I left it.

You may be OK with your OM from pokemonyu if he puts a low price on the customs declaration form on the box. He always used to do that, but recently he has started to put down the price you actually paid him. The last watch I had from him was valued at $80, and I was charged £11.59. <|

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have I just read you own 50 watches, thats awesome.

I was dreading telling the wife Ive just bought another one, (total 4).

to be honest I came on the site with the intentions of getting some info on the omega bond watch and the X-33, but have got sucked into affordables, its soooooooo much fun.

I still want the omega's but they have been side lined for the time being

·
5,161 Posts
The 8926 is the one that Invicta got right! Enjoy the watch and all the ones that come after! :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts