WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Works better than I expected to make almost any strap accept quick release spring bars. I can make straps with these now but would anyone want to convert a strap they have? I am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
8,940 Posts
Yeah, that would be the big point...what's the cost? Given that QR is infrequently seen...even with cut-to-order makers, it's not that common...there's plenty of nice options where I'd want to add the notch.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I’d also be very interested in where you sourced this from. The Bergeron one is crazy money but that looks like it could potentially be a lot more affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,940 Posts
Unfortunately

it does look like it is the Bergeon...and therefore quite pricey.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Right you are. £330 at Cousins.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Bergeon 30227. Big investment but it works fantastic. I have used it for straps I make and for clients for their Patek,VC,Breguet JLC etc with no worry about damaging anything. If anyone wants to send me a strap I will put the holes in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
:-( Ouch!! As to the price of the tool. But, to save scratches on your watch, it's worth it to some....including myself if it works well and was just a bit less expensive.

|> on your offer!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool. So you can use it to convert existing straps to QR? How does it keep from cutting into both sides of the strap?
Yes. You place the anvil in the spring bar opening of the strap. A video is on YouTube.

·
Vendor
31 Posts
Hi, @gregspitz would you mind sharing the YouTube link. I could not find it.
Hey, you can see this tool in action here:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, you can see this tool in action here:

Thanks! I ended up just ordering new straps from you instead :).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts