WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fell in love with this fella when I first read about it, got it for a good deal yesterday, here's some pics and quick review

Its 46mm (12mm tall)but wears small due to the stepped case design as well as the curved end bracelet (solid links but pin push) doesn't slide around even though I had it sized a little loose
Bracelet is 24mm at the lugs and tapers to 22mm, its a butterlfy clasp deployment, very solid, comfortable, contours nicely around the wrist
its an interesting mix of vertically brushed/polished surface - the pics should tell the story
I picked the white dial version, which is a 2 stepped dial with a sloped outer flange, the date window matches the dial (black on black was the other option
No crown guards, neither is it screw in, but still water resistant to 100m
Smooth winding action, quick set date, keeping good time so far, the specs of the movement suggests a modified ETA

JR 01.jpg JR 02.jpg JR 03.jpg JR 04.jpg JR 05.jpg JR 06.jpg JR 07.jpg JR 08.jpg JR 09.jpg JR 10.jpg JR 11.jpg JR 12.jpg JR 13.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is one of those 'sleeper' watches that just grows and grows on you. Love the bracelet. Not had a chance to try one on yet as no-one is presently stocking in Bangkok -in fact JR are about the only watch you can't get here, although they are supposed to be available.

(with that perspective were the photos taken in Petronas Towers?)

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Nice..Wish it came in a 40mm.
I suffer from Invictarolious.....Medical term for small underdeveloped wrists. Doctors tell me I should only wear 40mm and smaller.

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
474 Posts
Very nice watch! It reminds me a little of a PP Nautilus. Looks to be a very good all-rounds, maybe just a tad too large for my taste.

Great pictures!

Reactions: coastiesquid

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a sharp looking watch! I like the looks of that brushed bezel; it's a good looking design. Congrats on your new Jean Richard!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great looking watch, and really nice photos.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is one of those 'sleeper' watches that just grows and grows on you. Love the bracelet. Not had a chance to try one on yet as no-one is presently stocking in Bangkok -in fact JR are about the only watch you can't get here, although they are supposed to be available.(with that perspective were the photos taken in Petronas Towers?)
It was actually from the Salt Grill in Ion Singapore The dealer I got it from said he's pretty sure they were the 1st to stock the JR in SEA, have yet to check that out

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I'm digging it. First thought when I saw it in the display was 'wow that's pretty big', but once it got on the wrist it was fine. The heftiness is actually quite nice.
The black dialled version wears a lot smaller.

·
Registered
15,261 Posts
Nice! I kept goin' back to the pic when it was first introduced so I know it caught my interest. Congratulations on a great score!!

Reactions: mikeylacroix

·
Registered
31,241 Posts
The stepped case design gives it a very unique look. Nice choice.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Really! Ion does not look tall enough to give that sort of perspective! Sounds like a nice trip- Ion is v cool!

I would tend to believe the dealer re JR...have not heard of the watches anywhere in SEA either. JR did seem to go through a strange re-grouping over the last 24 months. Some might recall about 2 or three years ago several models were released, some mediocre but some with real merit/interesting ideas and then the whole lot seemed to be dropped to revert back to a core model. I think they deserve credit for choosing a specific direction and taking a long term view to develop from that point.

It can't be long before JR receives wider exposure here being the younger brother to Girard Perregaux. Enjoy the Terrascope!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really! Ion does not look tall enough to give that sort of perspective! Sounds like a nice trip- Ion is v cool!

I would tend to believe the dealer re JR...have not heard of the watches anywhere in SEA either. JR did seem to go through a strange re-grouping over the last 24 months. Some might recall about 2 or three years ago several models were released, some mediocre but some with real merit/interesting ideas and then the whole lot seemed to be dropped to revert back to a core model. I think they deserve credit for choosing a specific direction and taking a long term view to develop from that point.

It can't be long before JR receives wider exposure here being the younger brother to Girard Perregaux. Enjoy the Terrascope!
Definitely enjoying it.
The Salt restaurant by Luke Mangan is actually on the 55th(?) floor :) there's this lift on the top floor of the mall that goes direct to it
it was pretty hazy yesterday so didn't really see that much of a view

1 - 20 of 55 Posts