WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Tudor Issue

2K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  danktrees 
#1 · (Edited)
Just looking on some feedback to see if anyone has experience with this situation. I just bought a new tudor from an AD, right out of the box it's not working. I haven't worn it yet, the stickers are still on it. I brought it back 2 hours after i bought it. AD took it back but rsc is closed on weekends. The AD themselves are closed on sundays and mondays so they'll re open on tuesday which is when they said they will talk to the rolex rsc about this issue.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Should I expect it to be replaced with a brand new one or am I going to have to wait for it to be repaired. I feel like because the warranty card has been activated, I might be stuck with this faulty one. I wouldn't mind as long as it's repaired but I would expect the repair to take a while which to me would be unacceptable.

The AD wouldn't commit to me on how Tudor/Rolex would handle this issue which i guess is understandable as they wouldnt want to tell me i'd be getting a new one only to find out on tuesday that i would actually have to wait 8 weeks for a repair.

#2 ·
Exchange or refund, that's simple.

#3 ·
Yeah, warranty service is if something breaks later. If it's broken when you take it out of the box, you should be getting an immediate replacement.

That said, did you not buy the watch in person? I assume you got it mailed to you, or you'd have seen it working (or not) in the store. Weird things can happen in the mail. If it's something that can be fixed in two minutes and the wait time would be negligible -- everything overnighted -- then I personally wouldn't care if the RSC fixed it.

#5 · (Edited)
i bought it in person, we didnt set the time at the store as i wanted to go home and set it accurate to the second. I wasn't expecting this issue but even still, it wouldnt have mattered as this watch was ordered in. I placed a deposit on thursday and they got it on friday, I picked it up on Saturday. They wouldn't have been able to swap it out anyways so i'd still be in the exact same position if i had noticed it when i initially picked it up. the stickers are still on it and i only had it for 2 hours before bringing it back. i never wore it except for a brief second when the AD was sizing the bracelet for me.

also the rsc is in the same city as me so the AD can just bring it there. what im concerned with is if tudor/rolex decide they want to fix this and their standard 8 week turnaround time is applied to it. i will definitely cause a ruckus if that happens lol.

#9 ·
winding was not the issue. the ad tried it already that's the first thing i tried and the first thing they tried. the watch is simply defective so im looking to see if anyone else has experienced this before and what solution they were given. i'd expect tudor/rolex to just give me a replacement but the fact that the warranty card was already activated might complicate things. and i wouldnt be willing to wait for it to be repaired if it takes more than 1 or 2 weeks.

#15 ·
whenever I purchased a watch from the AD the following sequence happened: they got the watch out of the box and got it started, placed it on a timegrapher in several positions, if all was ok they set the time for me and started working on the paperwork while also charging my money

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited)
The AD should have replaced the watch with another from their stock on the spot since you went back 2hours after you bought it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
This, or refund the money and have the customer go in again when they have a new piece if they don't have another in stock.

If the piece is indeed DOA I'm sure the AD will have no problem returning the faulty piece to Rolex, warranty card filed out or not should not be an issue.

But then again I highly doubt if this even happened...given the testing procedures Rolex/Tudor goes through before a piece is put into the transit cases (these watches are NOT shipped in their presentation boxes) I doubt a non-working watch can ever reach an AD.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
This happened last year for me
It was a brand new Tudor for my wife for Christmas
It worked for about half a day then packed up
I called the AD and said I wanted it replaced not repaired and that's what I got with no quibbles whatsoever.I did however have to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive
It's been perfect ever since

#25 · (Edited)
danktrees, you are very easy going. To me, a repair on a new watch I haven't worn is unacceptable. I would have asked for a refund and waited until they got a new one ordered in.

In any case, I hope it turns out well and Rolex/Tudor exchanges for a new one. I just don't see them having a fast turnaround time with repair, but you never know.

Sent from my slingshot using Tapatalk

#27 ·
danktrees, you are very easy going. To me, a repair on a new watch I haven't worn is unacceptable. I would have asked for a refund and waited until they got a new one ordered in.

In any case, I hope it turns out well and Rolex/Tudor exchanges for a new one. I just don't see them having a fast turnaround time with repair, but you never know.

Sent from my slingshot using Tapatalk
yea i've gotten that comment from others too lol. i try not to stress about this cuz at the end of the day it's only a watch and i have others i can wear in the meantime. i also didnt really have a choice since the rsc/distribution center is closed on the weekends there was no one they could have called to get a replacement. i definitely could have asked for a refund but in all honestly i don't want a refund, i just want the watch lol and there's no where else i could have gotten it for the time being.

to be clear though, im not saying that they're going to repair it and make me wait. they said they would talk to rolex/tudor on tuesday (when the AD reopens) and then let me know. so i will either get a call from them or i'll call them myself on tuesday. i would expect that tudor would just send a new one.

#35 ·
yea that's not actually as bad of an option as people think. cuz depending on the model, it could have been sitting around for a year or two before being sold to you. then you only have maybe 2-3 years before requiring a service. if they just get it fixed upfront it'll be another 5 years before you need to pay for servicing and they'll replace all the gaskets etc. they basically do a full service on it for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.