WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after lusting at the pics and tech of this watch, and after searching the Sinn and Diving forums here for info and other choices.....I pulled the trigger today, and ordered a U1 w/Bracelet that will arrive in the morning!!!

This will be the first true diver to add to my collection, and I can't wait to take it diving in the Keys next summer! I'm not a hardcore diver, but living in Florida, the watch will see plenty of fun in the water.

My only concern is the outer AR coating. Seems to smudge easier that others, as has been discussed on the forum here previously. I've also heard it said that with the AR coating, the crystal almost disappears when looking at the face, so that's cool. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope that is not an issue for me somehow. But the dial and hands design just blow me away. Can't wait to handle it in person.

Will be sure to post pics and impressions.

p.s. If it's ok to say, Watchbuys is a solid operation. Nice to do business with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome aboard with the new U1! You will NOT be disappointed with it, in my opinion. I love mine, most posts here love theirs, and it really is a solid and attractively designed piece. Let us all know how you feel about it on it's initial delivery and then again after you have had it awhile. Looking forward to the pics of it.

Enjoy!

T. Graham

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Well, I think purchasing a U1 is a very good decision. The U1 is a pretty solid and reliable diver and even if your not diving with it, it's qualities will show itself as you bash through your days. The viton gaskets will be really beneficial to you in the warmer climates as they offer a better seal and will take much longer to break down than the ordinary nitril that other divers come equipped with.

To tell you the truth Steven, I haven't found the easily smudgeable crystal to be a problem with my UX, after a period of ownership, I just glance at my watch and I don't really see the smudgeing, not that it's not there, its just that it's not noticeable. The lack of glare is really impressive and beneficial when briefly glancing at the time, no need to swivel the watch around to read it.

Congrats with your purchase, do take some time and put up your impressions, after you get some wear time with it, in the U series ownership experience thread as it will be beneficial to others looking to take the same road you took.

Thanks and welcome to the forum. :-!

regards,
Tim

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will certainly do that Tim. The accounts you have posted regarding your UX have been a blast to read. We could not be in more opposite climates!

Your posts almost make me wish I was in a similar environment where I could really give my watches a test.........almost.;-) It's 61 here tonight and I have a hoodie on with my shorts. I wouldnt last 1 day there, but it sounds beautiful and full of adventure, if you can hack the cold.

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough..I'm driving my wife crazy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had my U1 for a couple of months now and no regrets in buying it. The AR coating problem is not a concern for me and I rather enjoy staring at the clarity.

Enjoy your purchase!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have had the U1 for three weeks now and the interesting thing is that it was -2 seconds per day, then last week it gained 1 second per day and now it's at -1 second per day. I guess it's the colder weather making the very minor adjustments.
It's pretty much the easiest watch to read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts