WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a cool day!!! :-d For a couple of weeks not I have been really thinking about an Omega Planet Ocean....and as most of know....once it gets in your head it is all over but the spending ;-).

I went into a local jeweler, who is an Omega AD to take a look at the PO. I had pretty much decided on the 45.5mm w/ Black bezel, but was going back and forth on whether to get the orange numbers or just the plain ones.

Having looked at both I had almost settled on the orange numbers (they look really cool) when my buddy noticed a PO in a collection of used Omega's that they had. After asking about them they have a 30 day return policy (for trade I assume) on their higher end watches and this one had been returned within that time frame. After inspecting the watch we found one small ding on the underside edge of the case, but all else looked flawless.

It does not have the complete omega waranty but has the stores' (a pretty good size operation) and it was discounted more than 45% from new retail price and more than $1200 of the discounted price they quoted me for a new one. I said "I'll Take it" faster than ah...ah....someting realy fast.

I have not been a big purchaser of used watches, but after selling a number of mine over the years, I have come to appreciate the value potential.

Here is a nice customer service example as well that I really appreciated. As they were sizing the bracelet, he noticed that one of the pins was not original and, while it seemed solid, we both determined it was not ideal. He tried a couple of other Omega pin/collar sets they had in stock (none of which were the right fit). He said that he would need to order them from Omega :)-(...bummer, because I wanted to walk out with it and take it to the beach this weekend)...then he asked me to hold and went in the back and said that the manager had said it would be OK to replace my pin with one from a new PO that they would replace with the ordered pin. That was great! and I was :-d.

What did I learn...that while I love the orange numbers they were not worth $1,200 to me at this moment.....I still may get one, but I thought this deal was just to good to pass up.

As for the watch it self, I really like it. Fit and finnish are really nice and the bracelet and clasp are top notch. I do wish it had a micro adjust feature, but other than that no complaints at all. It is big and easy to read. Lume is awesome and I really like the way it looks on the wrist. For my first Omega, I am very pleased. b-)

Here are a couple of very quick pics.....I'll take some better ones tomorrow.

Al

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
great story, and a greater watch. I big congrats on the po.|>

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Wow, that is one nice flipping watch. I want one soooooooooooooo Bad. That is my grail. I am unsure if I want the orange or black like you have. I now need to sell one I have to afford this. This is a really bad habit!!!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys....It is normal to look at your watch 40 times while driving for 5 minutes isn't it?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Al,

Huge congrats on your PO! Needless to say, it's a beauty, and it looks great on your wrist! :-!

And the 1200 bucks you saved off new? Sweet money that you can put towards a Speedy! ;-)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Al,

And the 1200 bucks you saved off new? Sweet money that you can put towards a Speedy! ;-)
Thanks!
Funny you mentioned that.....I looked at one while I was there :-x
Al

·
6,880 Posts
Congrats Al! You'll love it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Sweet pickup on a very nice watch. :-!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
the PO is a great watch in all aspects. it's my favorite and will hold its own against any of those very nice timepieces in your collection. enjoy!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Congrats! You'll really love this watch, great design and awesome construction. Wear it well and thanks for sharing. :-!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Congrats Al. The PO should be part of every collection.

I agree with Bill. :-! Congrats Al! Enjoy it mate. I know I love mine; Ah what the heck I'm gonna put mine on now! :-d

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks

7:30 am here and it is going on my wrist right now! :-d
Al

1 - 20 of 32 Posts