WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd introduce myself on here. Been lurking for some time now, finally decided to sign up, post some pics, and share in my addiction.

I've been a long-time fan of G-shocks, specifically the 5600 line (since I was 7 or 8).

Remember seeing them in the stores and one or two kids had them in school. Unfortunately the folks really couldn't afford to get me one back then.

Now, I'm older, working, and I'm finally able to own the watches I wanted:

1) DW-5600E (5.5 years old, daily beater)
DW-5600E-2.jpg

2)DW-5600E (kept in near pristine condition)
DW-5600E-1.jpg

The beater (left/above) uses an unusual band on it (completely original):
DW-3.jpg

3)Also have a use-on-some-work-days AW-590BL:
AW-590BL.jpg

4)Then there's my olive G-5600. Worn only on special occasions, but (sun) charged frequently (Tough Solar):
G-5600.jpg

5) And lastly, I just thought I'd throw in this Edifice for good measure (not a G-shock, but Casio nonetheless):
DSC01290.jpg

Hope this is a good start! Looking to add a G-6900 and a DW-5500 to my collection next :D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That 5 year old 5600 still looks brand new!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Welcome to the madness.

We love new 'victims' around here it kind of makes us feel better knowing there are even more nutters out there.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yep, its good to know there are others out there who share in my addiction!

On my next-to-get list:
1) DW-5500 / G-5500
2) G-6900
3) GX-56
4) The elusive DW-8300

·
Registered
280 Posts
Impulse- From one newby to the next, Welcome! I was warned to run and I didn't listen............but in all seriousness this is a great place and some great people, I have learned a lot since my short time of being here. Have fun with your bucket list.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Welcome indeed I sure this forum will push you over the edge
Welcome, but beware of the edge Simonal mentions! :)

I discovered this forum three years ago when I was trying to put a new strap on my then-new G-Shock -- I also had ONE older, somewhat battered G-Shock, another broken one in a drawer, and one early 1980's Casio.

In three years I'm now up to 15 G-Shocks (including some duplicates), 7 Casios (including duplicates), many spare bezels and straps for "down the road" or "for changing their looks." My buying had slowed down in the past year, but I just bought two this month and a third for a friend!

Perhaps worst of all, hanging around here has made me somewhat of a "collector." I used to love G-Shocks because they were tough watches that I could wear anywhere and not worry about them -- now I've got different CATEGORIES of "beaters," "daily wearers," and "ones that stay in their box!" :-d

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
Welcome Impulse!

Those are nice, especially #1 and #4. Do not sell #4 at all. You have entered into a forum that is friendly and good natured. Enjoy your stay. You will be here a for a long time.

Hopefully you will be able to keep your collection low. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

As you can see by my signature line, I have not. There are some who have, wait for it..........hundreds of G's. It s time to start playing catch up.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Rocat - thanks! Will do - plan to keep these for as long as I can!

Mike K, same here - got my "daily watch", "not so daily watch", "special occasion watch" and "BNIB" watch.

As luck would have it, I came across this fellow almost abandoned in the back of a store's watch display case yesterday and I felt it was my duty to rescue it from a lonely fate :D (I guess they thought 5500's were too ugly):

DSC01358.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts