WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to the forum, and to the russian watches...
so i have a doubt, i bought a Vostok Amphibia, new for 50€, datasheet comes with date of january 2009. Ive seen many like that around e-shops and eb, saw good reviews, and i wanted a fairly good inexpensive watch for the day-to-day routine. ive had for 2 weeks, and i think its awesome.

the question is that i received a watch all alike the photos, and ive seen many variations of the model in the various sites, but this one brings a vostok troika like minute and hour hands... that i never seen before in amphibias... i like it this way, adds more to this watch in my personal opinion...
but what do you think, its been refurbished or its a new variation... since the date is very recent... i opened it the inside is just the same as some new amphibias that have been show here, all fits in the standards but the hands.

i dont have a pic of mine here, but mine its just like this one except the hands.
http://www.vostok-poljot.com/images/Vostok/Amphibia4_2.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
The impression I have of Vostok is that sometimes you stumble across one that appears to have been constructed of some miscellaneous items they had available for the day. I've had a Paratrooper Amfibia that I got through one particular Russian site, that I have never seen anywhere else. And if memory serves it does not have the arrow hands. I would imagine that what you have is perfectly legit, and maybe just a bit unique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts