WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The front of the watch looks good to me, no warning signs. But we can't be sure without a back/movement shot :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm not a Komandirskie expert, but I've seen legit ones to say that yours looks legit, too. Again, what are you worried about?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm new to Vostok's. But all the movements Ive seen have been stamped SU or RUS. This isn't stamped with anything that I can see

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Alot of these movements have no stamp at all. Yours looks ok to me.

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's possible that this was made in the transitional period between USSR and Russia, and therefore wouldn't have a stamp. It's somewhat more likely, however, that the movement has been swapped out. The movement itself is still accurate for the model and is arguably one of the best ever produced in USSR/Russia. They go for about $30 now, which is much cheaper than a full service at a watchmaker; I myself have done this with an Amphibia relatively recently when it started running super slowly.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't think it's that simple. SU stamps appear in Russian made pieces as well, and the RU sign seems somewhat new. Still - there are some basic veriosn from late eighties with no stamps on the bridges. I think it depended on the run, the production line etc. Of course, the movement might have been replaced, you never know for sure. But I think it can be the original USSR made movement. Still - in this particular watch it makes very little difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts