WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

First of all, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a fun New Year's Eve! Whilst on vacation in Orlando, I stumbled upon a rare find - the 1887 Carrera Version 2. As you all know, the 1887 Carrera consists of three iterations: 1) the first never made it into production; 2) the second was released in very limited quantities and markets; and 3) the third is the one currently in circulation. I owned a Version 3 Carrera, which I recently sold, and I have ALWAYS loved the second version. To me, it's much more Carrera-ish and true to the Heuer tradition. It's more readable, plain, simple, and elegant than both Version 1 and 3. So, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a Version 2 1887 Carrera with the opaline silver dial that I've always lusted after. It HAD to buy it, and boy am I glad I did. I haven't been able to take it off. Here are some pics for you guys to enjoy.

If you're interested in reading more about the different 1887 Carrera versions, check this link out: TAG Heuer Carrera 1887 41mm V3 | The Home of TAG Heuer Collectors

I hope to do a YouTube video review of this Carrera shortly! May 2016 be a wonderful and prosperous year for all of you!

IMG_3623.jpg
IMG_3595.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg
IMG_3608.jpg

Reactions: Bangkok Hound

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Very pretty watch. The second to last picture got me thinking about how cool the markers on the dial would look if they were black instead of polished. I think one day I'd like to mod a TH the way all the F71 guys do their seikos.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's one sharp chronograph! Congrats on your 1887!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very nice. I would love to see it with blued steel hands for the hours, minutes and running seconds.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just picked up a Version 3 1887. Really liking the simplicity of the V2...gorgeous

·
Banned
306 Posts
Beautiful watch! The bracelet reminds me of my SMP 300m.

^ The gods brought the heritage series to answer your prayers.
Yes, i love the heritage series.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts