WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this site and new to collecting Soviet watches.

My interest is born out of nostalgia as someone who was born behind the Iron Curtain and as a way of honouring my grandfather, who started my collection, when he gave me my first Soviet watch more than a decade ago--an old Pobeda.

I haven't really started looking around and buying various Soviet brands until recently. I'm pretty new to this and undoubtedly as a novice I've made a lot of mistakes in the watches that I've bought, but I'd appreciate any help, pointers or tips in what to look for when buying or maintaining a watch.

Since I've bought most of my watches off eBay, many of them weren't identified in the description that was provided. So I would love to learn what variants of the watches I have.

I'd like to start with the Vostok that I've bought a month or two ago.

IMG_2650.jpg IMG_2651.jpg

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Lovely little mini dirskie. Looks to be in great condition. Supposedly not marketed to women and children but for sports and outdoors.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really appreciate the replies and even the neat Catalogue inclusion.

The next watch I was hoping I could get help identifying are these two Raketa's.

One is a Silver the other is Gold. The silver one came with a Russian/Soviet original strap (at least I have seen it on other Soviet/Russian watches).

IMG_2656.jpg IMG_2659.jpg

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I really appreciate the replies and even the neat Catalogue inclusion.

The next watch I was hoping I could get help identifying are these two Raketa's.

One is a Silver the other is Gold. The silver one came with a Russian/Soviet original strap (at least I have seen it on other Soviet/Russian watches).

View attachment 4450818 View attachment 4450826
Raketa "TV" watches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This Poljot I got recently, it was a bit inexpensive but it is in good working condition, so I'm not sure if its legit or not?

Kind of sad that the face doesn't have the branding in Cyrillic (I guess its sort of my weird desire to have as much of a legitimate Soviet Watch that real Soviets would wear, not one made for foreign markets).

IMG_2660.jpg

·
Registered
475 Posts
Vostok Komandirskie cases always made me mad.
As per Samuel Tang, Junior cases are 59X, but you are right in the catalog are 50X.
Is it possible taht they are 2 different Junior cases or the 59X should in fact be 50X ?

From a quick glance I see 46x, 05x, 50x, 59x juniors, and there are possibly others. The big difference here is 05x/50x = older big crown, and 59x = newer small crown. I have examples of both a 05x (051568) and the 59x (591568) in my collection, but not the 50x. The crown size difference is also seen in a couple other 'dirskies as well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Kind of sad that the face doesn't have the branding in Cyrillic (I guess its sort of my weird desire to have as much of a legitimate Soviet Watch that real Soviets would wear, not one made for foreign markets).
I can understand that. I consider myself more a collector of Soviet watches than 'Russian' watches. I have less interest in those with English printing on the dial, and no interest in anything post 1991.

I can't vouch for your Poljot I'm afraid, I reckon it's certainly a Poljot case - probably late 70's early 80s. But I'll let the experts chime in on whether its the right dial for it.
Soviet Raketas I am very interested in. With regards to your Raketa TV dials, I think the one in the first picture is missing its second hand. It has a tiny one which should be in that crosshair at the bottom of the dial.
Don't be put off by the risk of frankens and fakes though. If you are suspicious the legit/franken thread is a good place to post and there are plenty of resources to research your purchases and lots of people on this forum who can offer advice before you buy.

Happy collecting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it certainly seems to be missing the seconds hand, given that it seemed to be a feature especially popular with Zim/Pobeda watches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts