WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterday's post, it's time to post the two real stars of my last shipment. It's odd but I really enjoyed taking photo's of these two, more so than almost any other watch I've ever taken snaps of. The colouring of the Mudman lends itself to pictures really well but the one I'm most surprised by is the screw back picture of the GW-5000B. It was just a fluke that it turned out so nicely; I don't know anything at all about photography and just use the standard package lens on my Nikon (I'd love a macro lens but they all seem so expensive).

GW-9300K Love the Sea and Earth Mudman

I've always liked the ICERC model G-Shocks and it seems that these Love the Sea and Earth models have sort of joined the ICERC ones in my view. I've had my eye on this model since it was released and already having a GW-930 sort of put me off getting one. That was until this one came up on Yahoo Japan as a buy it now with a very reasonable price. Colour wise it is pretty much as crazy as it looks in pictures; except that it isn't quite as bright as a camera's flash makes it appear to be. The multitude of colours on and around the display often get overlooked due to the band/bezel contrast but they really are outstanding and look really fresh.

The metal keeper is a really nice touch, there aren't enough of these on G-Shock's for my liking. Of course, the carbon fiber band is also a little extra touch of something special on an already fantastic watch.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Digital clock

Orange Green Footwear Fashion accessory

Water gun Toy

Red Orange Material property Vehicle Plastic

Watch Analog watch Product Watch accessory Turquoise

Toy Vehicle Fictional character Action figure

GW-5000B

So, here is probably the G-Shock that polarizes opinions the most within this little community and one that I definitely never thought I'd own. I'm sitting typing this with it on my wrist at the moment and the first point I need to make about it is that the strap is absolutely the most comfortable one one any of my G-Shocks. It is so soft and supple that you really can't tell it is on your wrist. I know this has been stated before but Casio really have been keeping this strap a well kept secret. I don't know if it is a special one they just put on GW-5000's or it's just a more modern type of strap than on any of my other watches but it should be more widespread in my opinion.

The major talking point about this watch is and will always be the price. It had a retail price of over 40000 Yen when it first came out and this watch has skyrocketed in price on the aftermarket. I definitely wouldn't have bought the standard GW-5000 but with the added rarity and kudos (to some collector's anyway) that the B adds, I couldn't pass it up for just slightly over retail. It was sold as a used watch but I can't find anything that isn't mint on it. No wear, scratches or marks anywhere.

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Digital clock

Watch Watch accessory Digital clock Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Strap Watch phone Material property Gadget

Watch Strap Material property Metal Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Watch accessory Digital clock Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Very cool ...

The same "Mudman" is on the way to me - I think it stocks in German customs in the moment ...

For the GW-5000B I have nothing to say only one thing - I NEED ONE URGENTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Great photos, thanks for sharing. The main reason the GW-5000B costs more than the GW-5000 for retail pricing is because the buttons are DLC coated, as is the buckle. I wanted to get GW-5000B buttons for my GW-5000, but the buttons were like $10 each (compared with a few dollars for the normal steel buttons of the GW-5000)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Congratulations, two great finds and great pics too. I'm no expert as I'm not lucky enough to own a 5000B but am I right in saying the resin has been switched out for the 5000 version? I was pretty sure on the B version the lettering was more stealth like? I do have a 5000 and they look the same to me. Of course, this may just be the lighting or my poor eyes!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Congratulations, two great finds and great pics too. I'm no expert as I'm not lucky enough to own a 5000B but am I right in saying the resin has been switched out for the 5000 version? I was pretty sure on the B version the lettering was more stealth like? I do have a 5000 and they look the same to me. Of course, this may just be the lighting or my poor eyes!
The lettering on the bezel of the GW-5000B is indeed a little more dark than the GW-5000, but it is hard to tell the difference without seeing a side by side comparison. Sometimes photograph lighting conditions can be deceiving

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just the flash making it much lighter than it appears. See this;

GW-5000B vs GW-5000 - YouTube

Mine is the same as his B.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That 5000 is very nice. Great buy! Is that mudman more of a collector piece? I just couldn't picture someone wearing that on a regular basis.
It's not my everyday watch, but I do enjoy it on flashy occasions. Casio made 7,000 units, and they weren't numbered or anything. It's worth owning, regardless if you wear it or not.

P- Great finds as always! Keep up the good work buddy

·
Registered
515 Posts
great finds! ah, that 5000B is really a pleasure to look at. the DLC buttons just add that little special touch. and yes, it's true, the strap on the 5000 is really something special. so comfortable on the wrist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.