WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright my special watch finally arrived! I use the term special loosely because many of you already have an Omega or two but this is my first.:-!(not counting my Museum model because of the recase)
I picked his guy off the 'bay and all I'll say is it cost me less than $200.;-) An Omega has been on my list for years now and a Seamaster especially so this is a great bonus. From what I can tell it is a Seamaster auto with the somewhat uncommon 570 17j movement and is from the late 50s/early 60s? The case is 14k gold filled and in great condition. I think the crystal and crown are replacements because of the lack of symbols but I'm ok with that. The dial is in good condition with hardly any patina and I love the bubble effect from the crystal.
Any thoughts/comments/info are always welcome! Here are the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
That's a beauty. I love the crystals on these vintage watches. The dome is so cool looking :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Congrats on your Omega, the crystal should have an Omega logo in the middle but you may need a eye loupe to see it if its like mine (worn down due to polishing it over the many years)

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,159 Posts
Well, as for the crystal, there's domed and then, there is really domed! And that one is a little too domed. I am sure that the crystal should have been ground down to fit (height wise) and wasn't in this case. If it was my watch, I'd have it rectified.....

Otherwise, nice watch.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well, as for the crystal, there's domed and then, there is really domed! And that one is a little too domed. I am sure that the crystal should have been ground down to fit (height wise) and wasn't in this case. If it was my watch, I'd have it rectified.....

Otherwise, nice watch.

Hartmut Richter
Im not too concerned with the crystal being a replacement. It looks fine, fits, and is in good condition. I am more concerned with the crown and will eventually find a replacement.
What year did Omega start putting their symbol on the crystal?
Edit: I looked at the side shot I posted above and the crystal doesn't look that bad IRL.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on your Omega, the crystal should have an Omega logo in the middle but you may need a eye loupe to see it if its like mine (worn down due to polishing it over the many years)
Yeah I believe the crystal is a replacement or has been polished out completely. It fits and looks fine so I don't think ill bother with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts