WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new watch that'll go with just about any NATO strap as I've taken a liking to collecting NATO straps as much as I have watches, but don't have a watch that enjoys all flavors of footwear.

Limitations:
20mm lugs
40mm case or smaller
Under $150
Mechanical
White dial preferred

This is intended to be a replacement for my Rodina, as it was more an impulse buy than anything and I don't care for it as much as I had hoped. I figure white dial watches do a pretty good job at wearing all sorts of colours hence that being in the criteria. I do own a Rossling&Co white dial, but I really want something mechanical. I was considering getting the white dial Orient Chicane as Long Island Watch has it for $80 which is pretty cheap and the sporty look might do well.

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
You love the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?How do you feel about the Southeast Asian Treaty Organization.I don't think SEATO has their own straps like NATO, which makes NATO much cooler:-!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Looking to get a new watch that'll go with just about any NATO strap as I've taken a liking to collecting NATO straps as much as I have watches, but don't have a watch that enjoys all flavors of footwear.

Limitations:
20mm lugs
40mm case or smaller
Under $150
Mechanical
White dial preferred

This is intended to be a replacement for my Rodina, as it was more an impulse buy than anything and I don't care for it as much as I had hoped. I figure white dial watches do a pretty good job at wearing all sorts of colours hence that being in the criteria. I do own a Rossling&Co white dial, but I really want something mechanical. I was considering getting the white dial Orient Chicane as Long Island Watch has it for $80 which is pretty cheap and the sporty look might do well.

Any other suggestions?
I actually think the pictured ORIENT is a good choice.A VOSTOK especially a VOSTOK SE with a plain bezel would be good as well.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I love that orient, but have never pulled the trigger for some reason. It has a great rolex explorer vibe. I'd probably splurge for the bracelet too. Even if you don't plan to wear it on a bracelet, it adds to resale value.

Another option is the 8926ob. Most sub homages are close to 40mm with 20mm lugs. They look great on a variety of natos.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. Anyone else have a suggestion? Seeming like the Chicane was the one to go to from the get go.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Speaking of Orient, the Bambino also looks pretty good on NATO. Do an image search for examples.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I had considered a Bambino, but with the awkward 21mm lugs I don't think it'd work all too well. If I had a large collection of 22mm straps then it'd be different and I'd spring for one. I don't really care for showing any spring bar so that right there is a no go.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Just took a pic for you. Even though this Orient Stingray takes 22mm straps, the watch is similar and you get an idea for the flexibility. For NATO fun, this is probably my most flexible favorite.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I think a white dial dive watch (especially with a stainless bezel) might look even better. A google image search of white dial dive watch turns up about a billion choices, admittedly most not under $150.

·
Registered
12,707 Posts
Here's my Orient Curator on a plain, black Maratac.

It has 22mm lugs and is about $200 from Long Island - but you get the idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts