WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wus ladies!

My mom has a several-year-old Rado Florence in rose gold and grey which she's asked me to replace the strap of. I know she'd love an identical watch with a bracelet instead of the leather - can you make a recommendation please? My best guess would be a modern version; both pictured. Quartz only unfortunately :)

Thanks!

IMG_20181223_223944.jpg e63baae9-8a63-4b0a-9059-1d2be26353d7_1.c1acc0d71a2d3efb11038fbd8966ba49.jpeg

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Hi there,
The "old" watch still looks new in the picture, except for the leather band. You can pick up new bands or by contacting Rado. Rados tend to hold their finish pretty well. Did you ask your mom if she wanted a new watch with the same style of the old watch? With a new band, that should be good as new (unless you see it has scratches not showing up in the picture).

Also, I would suggest if she is older (45+) she may appreciate a face that has marking at every hour and higher contrast hands on the dial. I'm a woman of a certain age (ahem) and that is so helpful to read the watch. She may prefer the style on this watch, and if so...I would consider your selection good. Finding one with more hour markings might be even better.

Quartz is a great solution for a lady. Just maybe not a lady who collects watches...and like to look at the mechanics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts