WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
well, I succumbed - saw it, tried it, bought it -
my wife will ask "not another watch, and such an ugly one - why?" she wont understand, you will!
love it!

IMG_3536.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks Sticky - well, on folks here's recommendations, I tried the square CW5000 toooo small - I tried the Rangemaster GPR B1000 - tooooo big
and then the Mega Mudmaster - fantastic

Would love to try some Frogs but they aint available anywhere except London Gshock

One question = strangely it is running 7seconds fast - the digital display and analogue seconds hand are sync'd, but both out 7 seconds according to Greenwich/atomic clock - will this correct itself automatically in the night???? do I need to do something manually about this?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
At least my wife really likes my -1A3 Mudmaster. After I bought it, she snatched it right away to wear it to work. She views it as a fancy tech-bracelet. Thankfully it is got too heavy for her.

Reactions: Simon

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least my wife really likes my -1A3 Mudmaster. After I bought it, she snatched it right away to wear it to work. She views it as a fancy tech-bracelet. Thankfully it is got too heavy for her.
My wife has not noticed the new watch on the wrist yet - and I wont mention it ;)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My wife has not noticed the new watch on the wrist yet - and I wont mention it ;)
Maybe you should try. :)
My experience with the Mudmaster is that women tend to like it a lot. Look at US retailer Macy's advertising the Mudmaster as 'bracelet watch'. And like I have mentioned before, that is exactly what my wife 'repurposed' it for.

By the way, congrats to this beautiful watch. I absolutely love mine.

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe you should try. :)
My experience with the Mudmaster is that women tend to like it a lot. Look at US retailer Macy's advertising the Mudmaster as 'bracelet watch'. And like I have mentioned before, that is exactly what my wife 'repurposed' it for. By the way, congrats to this beautiful watch. I absolutely love mine.
Thanks WES - will go look at the Macy's ad online now - its such a huge thing i'm surprised its advertised as such & appeals as such - my wife is so tiny it would fit her bicep. I finally told her that "she had bought me my Christmas present today" - she was grateful as every year she struggles to get me anything -although she didnt care to see the watch. One of my sons noticed, and immediately wore it for half an hour - cool thing

·
Registered
GBDH1000-1A7 "G-Squad," Deep Blue Master 500, Casio MDV106D-1A1V "Duro"
2,833 Posts
At least you did the “tried it” bit. That’s usually the stage I miss out.
For me, buying IS trying.

Followed by selling :/

·
Registered
261 Posts
Diggin' it, great watches. I've just come back to mine after not wearing it for about 8 months (I find it's a pest during Winter with coats and sleeves) and I'm loving mine all over again.

Mike

Hi all
well, I succumbed - saw it, tried it, bought it -
my wife will ask "not another watch, and such an ugly one - why?" she wont understand, you will!
love it!

View attachment 13709061

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I hope you all are prepared for that 'armageddon' with extra spare parts such as bezels, straps etc. I happy to say I already hamstered some of those items. With a little over $10, bezels are not even expensive.

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you all are prepared for that 'armageddon' with extra spare parts such as bezels, straps etc. I happy to say I already hamstered some of those items. With a little over $10, bezels are not even expensive.
WES - where do you get this? - I knew some could be modded but didnt know these could -

·
Registered
289 Posts
If I bought the OP's watch I might actually START a "local" armageddon if you catch my drift.

On the other hand, if when the rapture does come, finding my tools to swap out a fresh bezel or strap is pretty much the least of my worries that day.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
WES - where do you get this? - I knew some could be modded but didnt know these could -
I got the parts from PacParts:
Casio GWG1000-1A3 Parts and Accessories:
http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=casio&model_id=GWG1000-1A3&action=list_part&mode=auto&back=0

This above link is for the -1A3, but they have all the other models as well.

I bought 2x bezels, city ring, crown assembly ($$ huh) and a strap. I plan to buy some more parts in the future, like the little decorative screws, the back plate seal, a crown pipe as well as some other small parts. All just in case these parts get discontinued or restricted in the future.

Admittedly I saved on the shipping, because PacParts is just a few minutes drive from me away and I was able to pick up all parts in person. How great is that.

They have a few sales per year, they just had one (or the sale still may go on, I'm not sure).

Reactions: Simon

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I bought the OP's watch I might actually START a "local" armageddon if you catch my drift.
On the other hand, if when the rapture does come, finding my tools to swap out a fresh bezel or strap is pretty much the least of my worries that day.
The Mudmaster aint Rapture proof - you need the Gravity Master for that :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Just got an eMail from PacParts.

They have another 10% off sale until Saturday, Dec.15, 5pm PST.

Promo Code: 72HOUR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts