WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Sorry that it's been so long since I posted. 3 of my 7 junior high schools were infected with H1N1 influenza, so I have been stuck at the board of education offices without a reliable computer. I also started taking 2 Japanese lessons a week and volunteering for the international relations section of City Hall... but I am alive and healthy, still loving every moment spent here in Japan.

On payday this month, I decided to spoil myself. Not only did I buy another G, but I picked up a brand new camera (as promised) since the iPhone picture quality totally sucks, and, come on... I live in Japan now and would like to capure the memories with more than 2 megapixels!

I scooped up a Nikon D5000 with the 18~55 lens kit. I'm in love with it. I spent the last 2 nights after work roaming around downtown snapping photos for hours on end. The quality blows my mind, as this is my very first D-SLR and first camera to have more than 5 megapixels (It's got 12.3). It also has an aticulated LCD so I can take shots real low, around corners, and over-the-head with ease. I'd be happy to post some preliminary photos if anyone is interested.

So on to the new G. I had debated over which watch to add to my collection for a few weeks and finally landed on the GW-M5600BC. It's my first 5600 and my first atomic/solar. It feels MINIATURE after wearing my massive Wademan or my heavy TAG Monaco... but it has the metal strap and is thin enough to fit under my buttoned dress shirt cuff at work. I love the reverse display and have had no problems reading it. However...

I turned off the alarm (clicked through D until it read :00, as I read in an archived post) and muted the button sound... BUT it STILL beeps at noon and midnight. Like multiple beeps in a row. Enough to wake me up last night when I dozed off after work with the watch still on my wrist.

Can anyone help? It was NIB with a manual at the 2nd hand store, but only in Japanese! My skill level isn't high enough for all that kanji...

Pics (good ones, for once!) after work.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
sorry, can't help with the alarm, but can't wait to see your pictures about town and your new, sell deserved, G.

being in "smalltown USA", I love to real pictures of "far away" places!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts