WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon chaps,

So after much deliberation, (as seen on here) I finally pick and purchased a new watch. I went for the Omega Seamaster 300m Co-Axial which was released in December, and I'm a big fan. I was waiting for months to get it and it was worth the wait.

As it's my first real watch, does anybody have any good tips in regards to looking after it, keeping it well maintained. The shop said a service every 10 years for the co-axial but Omega say every 7.

Thanks again for all the advice I received on here - just the waiting, choosing and buying was enjoyable.

image1.JPG

·
Registered
975 Posts
Congrats on a great looking first piece!

As for service, I was made aware of a quirk with the co-axial movements. My regular watch maker who services all my watches said that he could do the co-axial because he received specialized training from Omega to do it. I don't know much about the details of this and I trust him so I allowed him to do the work. No problems yet (fingers crossed)! Unless you are have a lot of trust in your local watchmaker, I would suggest biting the bullet and sending it off to Omega at about 5-7 years.

Hopefully some more knowledgeable members can clarify what I heard. I would be interested to learn.

Michael

·
Premium Member
32,592 Posts
Omegas are very durable and it should last you quite a while, but preventive maintenance around 5 years is a good thing to do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What a great choice. I can't add much to what has already been said but if you ever need a babysitter for that beauty, I'm also in Manchester and more than willing. That watch would look great on a leather strap I'm thinking (drooling). Enjoy it Jordan and let us know how your finding it in a few months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts