·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
View attachment 1132118

In less than one hour A. Manzoni & Fils is going online with their crowdfunding Kickstarter campaign for the production of their first timepiece, the Canopus Weekplanner!

Find out more by pressing the green button on their webpage www.amanzoni.com after 6 p.m. ECT. / 12 pm EST. Alternatively the link will be www.amanzoni.com/kickstarter

Very interesting, but wow.......$15,000 is a bit out of reach for most people, don't you think?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Very interesting, but wow.......$15,000 is a bit out of reach for most people, don't you think?
Lots of things are out of reach for most people. Doesn't stop some people from buying them.

That said, you only have to pay $5000 to get the watch ("only").

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Expensive and cluttered small details, not my style at all, but good luck with the campaign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Banned
95 Posts
Funny looking , out of balance, cluttered and they want how much...
You gotta be kidding right
Only 5 k
You could not pay me 5 k or 15 k to wear it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: New watch project to be launched in less than one hour and you can be part of...

I'm confused. Is there any actual relationship between the current A. Manzoni & Fils company and the historical one, other than that Mr. Ike read a book on its history and saw the empty factory? That's all I could find on it on the Kickstarter page and the about section of the company's site.

The watch itself? Not really my thing, but then - I'm not trained in industrial design, so I'm probably not really equipped to appreciate its qualities in that area. Although I have to say that initially I really didn't like it, but after looking at it some more, it does kind of grow on you and I'm starting to see some appeal there.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I am hoping the op was joking...

Sent from Here
Since the OP is in fact Ernie Romers, the founder and site owner of THIS forum, your hope seems a bit unlikely.

Reactions: BusyTimmy

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Can you say Ikepod... which I would much rather have for ~1/2 the price??

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Sorry, I find this ghastly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts