WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just wanted to share my latest acquisition. I literally know nothing about it so I hope it's not completely worthless (even though I didn't pay much for it). I've never heard of a Cardi-Vostok or Capitan but the watch caught my attention for some reason and I bought it. Hope you guys like it and maybe you can tell me something about it that I don't know which is everything.

Attached are the sellers pics as it's in the Ukraine and may take some time getting to me. Let me know what you think and I'd appreciate any info. Thanks guys! :-!

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,623 Posts
tseely said:
Hello all, I just wanted to share my latest acquisition. I literally know nothing about it so I hope it's not completely worthless (even though I didn't pay much for it). I've never heard of a Cardi-Vostok or Capitan but the watch caught my attention for some reason and I bought it. Hope you guys like it and maybe you can tell me something about it that I don't know which is everything.

Attached are the sellers pics as it's in the Ukraine and may take some time getting to me. Let me know what you think and I'd appreciate any info. Thanks guys! :-!
Here's what I know about Cardi.

They started in 1991 as a rebadger/reseller of Vostok, Raketa and Pobeda. Their first original designs were produced in 1993. These were the first Cardi-Vostoks. Later models were simply badged as 'Cardi, thus enabling them to use movements from a variety of sources. The name 'Cardi' stands for 'Car Design' and is licensed from Cardi auto design studio. Cardi Watches are currently marketed (and owned?) by Interex-Orion.

You watch is 5-10 years old. The movement is a Vostok 2414, as used in the army watches. I'm fairly sure that the case was made by Vitsebsk Instruments in Belarus, who have used this pattern in their Vympel Navigator line, and also sold it to Peterhof.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chascomm said:
You watch is 5-10 years old. The movement is a Vostok 2414, as used in the army watches. I'm fairly sure that the case was made by Vitsebsk Instruments in Belarus, who have used this pattern in their Vympel Navigator line, and also sold it to Peterhof.
Hey Chascomm, thanks so much for the info. Well, I was hoping the watch was a little older due to the condition of the case. Well, that's okay though as I'm still learning and it's definetly a watch no one else will have in Idaho. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts