Valjoux chrono for 960 Euro:

Made by Jörg Wendler
Maschinen und Werkzeuge
Annaberger Straße 44
09419 Thum/Saxony/Germany

Jörg also produces quartz cockpit watches

Here´s an "About me" of Jörg Wendler
(quote)
All began with an old “Junghans” aircraft clock and with love for active aviation. From that I developed a great interest in historical aviation instruments.
The most interesting instruments of my small collection remained to be the old aircraft clocks though, which are on duty even after much employment and still show the current time.
One day the idea was born to design and create a wall clock in the style of a aicraft clock because flight watches already existed.
This clock was supposed to be as few inferior to the original as possible. After some month, many considerations and researches my first “wall-aicraft-clock” had been finished and attracted attention in my office.
Because of various inquiries a first small series was produced. These first twenty clocks were sold out quickly.
Even Helmut Sinn, a well-known character in the sphere of flight watches and aicraft clocks, showed interest in my work and became one of my first clients.
Thanks to his kind support, the prototype could be further improved.
In the beginning there only was the black original model. Some time later, the “silver-edition” was added and also excited the “ground staff”.
Meanwhile aircraft clock are quite rare and therefore popular pieces of collection.
(unquote)

More info: http://www.borduhr.de/eng/index.htm

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love the look of the white-faced aircraft clock. It would make a great watch face. Even the logo looks great.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Also the chrono doesn't look bad. Its design reminds me of the Tutima FX-series, which is of course a bit more expensive...|>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts