WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple introduced some new bands today - woven nylon in various colors. I wonder how these feel in the hand? They look tempting, maybe I can get a look in person at an Apple store.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to admit that I do like Apples web site. You can pick out your particular watch and then compare how all the different bands would look. Granted, it's not on your wrist but still rather nice. I thought I might like some of the colors of the nylon bands until I tried them against my space grey, only the black one looked decent to me.

Apple Watch - Gallery - Apple

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
They look beefy, not like the usual nylon straps. I'll take a look at some point. I'm targeting the link bracelet myself.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered the black one on release date and got it the next day. I really like it. It's light, relatively thick and soft. I'm a NATO/nylon fan anyway, but you can tell these are definitely high quality.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really like the woven nylon Apple Watch straps; they are comfortable, super light and look good.

However, for the 38mm watch I think the strap should be offered in two sizes. I prefer (and currently own) the 38mm watch, but my wrist is about 6 7/8", and I am on the second-to-last hole of the nylon strap or thereabouts, which leaves almost no tail to tuck into the keeper and looks bad in my view. By contrast, I tried the 42mm watch on at the store, and with that nylon strap I was comfortably using one of the middle holes.

Has anyone else had this issue with the woven nylon strap for the 38mm watch, and if so, identified a solution? I was hoping that one of the third-party copies of the Apple woven nylon strap might be available in a longer version, but they all seem to be the same length as the Apple OEM strap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts