WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all and the organizer thanks for benefits I have received. Not only interesting and valid information, but personal relations. World wide good people involved here.

This year great for this old timer and dawning of another I hope to do more sensibly. This morning looked good although fresh snow and near zero degrees f. A CLEAN REFRESHING START.

documents4%20300copy.jpg documents4 699axcopy.jpg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,028 Posts
I think that you are slightly early for the New Year. Still, your welcome is welcomed! You seem to have somewhat more snow than us here (in temperate Germany, at ca. 50° northern latitude). On Christmas Eve, we had 16° and it was 20.5° in München (Munich)! We are all waiting for the temperature crash next year.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
What a majestic view! If I remember correctly it is the Rockies. Is that correct?

Just got about 8 inches of snow today. But I look out on a skyline. Man made hills :) Not nearly as majestic. :-d

Thanks to all of you who have been sharing their knowledge. I too feel like there are many friends here. I like my time on Vintage (most of the time... being a moderator is sometimes vexing). and feel nice about being accepted to our group.

I hope you all have a pleasing new year.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Latitude here is right on 40 degrees. 6300 ft. elevation for my oldest house in area NW of Denver provides a cool climate. Bears and mountain lions and rattle snakes and forest fires are the disadvantages. Tourists generally not a problem; they keep to the roads to nearby Rocky Mt. Nat. Park. Youngster checking my broken useless sundial, but no shadow.

documents 227a.jpg

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
What an amazing vista Art.
I'm at 55deg N, the Gulf Stream keeps us reletively free from frost and snow.

Happy new year.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My favorite area I worked at for a year was S. Greenland. About same latitude as N.England. Actually about same climate temperatue average. Like 11.000 ft. Rocky Mt. treeline at sea level.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I am at 6,500 ft for the New Year's, and we had several feet of snow over the past 7 days. (Pacific Crest, Lake Tahoe, Northern California).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts