WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Robert and I have been clean for 10 days.

My New Year Resolution was to not get near the Sales Corner and so far I have succeeded.

I am very proud of myself but there were a couple of times I almost lapsed. I had my finger on the left mouse button while the cursor was hovering over the link. I had sweat pouring down my brow - but I resisted!

I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I was visiting up to 10X/day with too many purchases, then cold turkey.

Any others..., should we meet somewhere??

·
Registered
65 Posts
As someone who is on the lookout for my first automatic watch I'm a little afraid of what comes after. Because right now I feel like I'm checking the sales corner + the bay all the time.

Reactions: Nokie

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GETS is better?

As someone who is on the lookout for my first automatic watch I'm a little afraid of what comes after. Because right now I feel like I'm checking the sales corner + the bay all the time.
Yer on yer way. You know - admitting it and all of that.

·
Registered
31,421 Posts
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Much better to accept and acknowledge your temptations that to fight them........

Once you have been seduced by the Dark Side of the Force, very hard to go back to " normal livin' "

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hi,

My New Year Resolution was to not get near the Sales Corner and so far I have succeeded.

I am very proud of myself but there were a couple of times I almost lapsed. I had my finger on the left mouse button while the cursor was hovering over the link. I had sweat pouring down my brow - but I resisted!

I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I was visiting up to 10X/day with too many purchases, then cold turkey.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-4...lose-3-years-oem-warranty-remaing-800504.html

I'm Your Pusher...;-)

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't join your support group. I caved on the 3rd day of the 1st month of this new year............

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I declared that I would purchase no watches in 2013. It lasted 8 days...

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I resolved not to buy another watch until my 40th birthday (October 2014). I have no chance of making it...

Reactions: RBrylawski

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I resolved not to buy another watch until my 40th birthday (October 2014). I have no chance of making it...
That would be like asking me to stop breathing for a couple years..........

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Oh look at that.... Rbrylawski, Roller.959, and I have seen this thread... do you realize how screwed you are?

Check this out... I can't believe how cheap it's selling at the Movado Company Store in Potomac Mills, VA... pretty sure they'd ship it right to you too. Man under 2K for a COSC certified chronograph?! Wow..

If that doesn't work for you, I'm quite sure I'll find one that does.... muahahahahaha

Reactions: Roller.959

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Oh look at that.... Rbrylawski, Roller.959, and I have seen this thread... do you realize how screwed you are?

Check this out... I can't believe how cheap it's selling at the Movado Company Store in Potomac Mills, VA... pretty sure they'd ship it right to you too. Man under 2K for a COSC certified chronograph?! Wow..

If that doesn't work for you, I'm quite sure I'll find one that does.... muahahahahaha
RDR Strikes Again!!! Muahahahahaha!! Resistance is Futile. Join the FORCE!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

RDR Strikes Again!!! Muahahahahaha!! Resistance is Futile. Join the FORCE!
Hey, I just picked up the Hammy, so...

Oh, and I am laid up for a month...No driving...

Ok, I can't do that to you guys, the Hammy was a Christmas gift, so I guess I am next in the rotation, but I seriously can't drive for a month. Further, I still have a boat to buy, so my wife has put the kibosh on any additional watch purchases.

Wait, is there the equivalent of Takeout Taxi for watches? I'd have to try that one on prior to purchase. Might be able to sneak one in under the radar...

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hey, I just picked up the Hammy, so...

Oh, and I am laid up for a month...No driving...

Ok, I can't do that to you guys, the Hammy was a Christmas gift, so I guess I am next in the rotation, but I seriously can't drive for a month. Further, I still have a boat to buy, so my wife has put the kibosh on any additional watch purchases.

Wait, is there the equivalent of Takeout Taxi for watches? Might be able to sneak one under the radar...
Ah hem......SO.....when did not being able to drive for ANY period of time inhibit one's ability to take advantage of getting a great deal on a great watch. Is your wrist out of commission too??????????? Last time I checked, you order. They box. It's shipped. It arrives at your door. You unbox. You wear and smile. This we repeat, perhaps a bit too often, but hey, it's what we do.

Reactions: Doboji

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Ah hem......SO.....when did not being able to drive for ANY period of time inhibit one's ability to take advantage of getting a great deal on a great watch. Is your wrist out of commission too???????????
I'd...I'd...I'd just have to try that one on, you know? Plus there is this thing with the store...and the watch...and, you know...now is just not a good time...plus I have to do this thing that...oh look at the time. Yawn... Got to hit the rack...

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I'd...I'd...I'd just have to try that one on, you know? Plus there is this thing with the store...and the watch...and, you know...now is just not a good time...plus I have to do this thing that...oh look at the time. Yawn... Got to hit the rack...
I'm just shocked. Just shocked, I'm tellin' 'ya!

I guess it's just R & R. Not RDR.........sad, doesn't quite cover it! :-s ;-)

Reactions: Roller.959

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm just shocked. Just shocked, I'm tellin' 'ya!
Damn you RB. I'm standing stalwart on this one...

Damn it! Fine, I'll take a look at it!

"He'll keep calling me...he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel guilty. This is ridiculous...I'll go, I'll go, I'll go...wha...I'll go. Ish!"

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Shall I send a FedEx pickup for your WIS card then? Quitter!

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Damn you RB. I'm standing stalwart on this one...

Damn it! Fine, I'll take a look at it!

"He'll keep calling me...he'll keep calling me until I come over. He'll make me feel bad. Fine...I'll go, I'll go, I'll go...wha...I'll go. Ish!"
Now, this won't hurt. Take the pill. It's good for you. Honest. I didn't believe it at first, but now I know. I do. And you will too! Just be a good boy and tell your wife, you have no choice. It's your destiny. It is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts