WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Zenith site is finally up! They've revamped the lineup completely ... many of the existing models are gone. I think Dufour needs a pat on the back with the current line-up, some real stunners in there!

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=376652

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
What the hell is tickness? Shouldn't that be thickness? It's on every page.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I noticed that as well ... embarrassing typo :-d
There was a delay of over 24 hours in opening the new site, so I feel things might have been rushed ...

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can see the TAG influence going through the LVMH line

Looking good :-!
It's more that Zenith has gone back to its roots as makers of lovely, classical looking watches (look at many of their models in the '50s and '60s).

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if the cal. 681 is simply a reworked cal. 680, or is it a completely new movement? The El Primero Foudroyante is absolutely gorgeous!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would wear that new 1969 vintage black dial chronograph. site pic 28/63
With a mesh on it of course;-)
Would definitely look great on a mesh bracelet ... very sporty! :-!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Finally! I am ordering my Moonphase Grand Date next week!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
A lot of nice looking watches. A bit too many open hearts for my tastes, however, and I'm not a fan of the Defy series at all.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
One strange thing I've noticed is that the 681 despite being thicker than the 680 (3.81 mm versus 3.28 mm) has been referred to as the ultra thin (or the watches housing this movement anyways). Does anyone know why this is so? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Is it because the 681 is housed in larger dia. cases, and the aspect ratio of thickness to dia. is smaller? Or, is it just that it's a new movement and they want to hype it up?

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of the new El Primeros have the cal. 400 B with the date at 6 (looks similar to a FP 1185 configuration). The cal. 469 El Primeros have the date between 4 and 5 (as in last few gen. El Primeros), but these movements seem to be just for the vintage shaped cases. Does anyone think that they are slowly going to do away with the date between 4 and 5? Of course, the date position is more of a cosmetic/aesthetic issue than a technical one.

I'm with you there Jason, think I like most of the ones introduced in 2010, the open hearts and the Defy series, not that much ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts